xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Animator

Ideas Wanted: Car Oil Bottle How do I stop it falling over and leaking?

Okay Einsteins... I have a small problem I'm getting sick and tired of. Whenever I buy a Castrol 4L plastic bottle of car oil, the lid is really hard to take off (you have to break the ring, and y fingers have nerve damage making this quite a feat because I can't grip well) and has foil underneath... but once this is broken, the lid comes off all too easily. If I have the car in my boot, the bottle often tips over and I find the oil has leaked everywhere. It's not cheap and I ruin anything it comes into contact with.Short of paying someone a stupid amount of dollar to put bolts in my car or lugging around a weight of bricks, what can I do to stop the bottle tipping over and spilling?Your ideas please.

Try one of those shower rods that adjust their length and tighten when you twist them. It is low budget but hey it works. Another thing, if you have several car fluids/car wash products, or emergency items you keep with you - then you can also try one of those plastic milk carton crates. They usually stay but when you load them up with the weight of you car products and it keeps your trunk tidy. Also it wouldn't hurt to find a tray or pan to fits inside it should any fluids splash or leak. Hope this helps. ;)