xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnNitro

Stop Hold Of Hosting Credits vacation

I will be out of net access for a while, and I want to put a stop hold on the credits as I don't want to lose them because I can't post. I'm also thinking of taking the site down and making a new one so I guess I have to replace them. So the big question is how do I do that?How do I stop my credit usage? Don't care if the sites down as I want to make a new one....Also is there a way to replace the old site domain name with a new one and start all over???Another question what happened to all my hosting credits?I have a lot and when I became a hosted member I lost them all????Thanks for the future answers I get and I hope I'm here to read them.If I can't be here to do the process plz put a stop hold on my credits please.....Thanks,JohnNitro

Well the only way to stop losing your credits is to terminate your account, you can do that at https://support.xisto.com/, just use your forum login details to log in.

It costs 15 credits to replace your subdomain unless of course you have a top level domain and in that case just park it or add it on.

Two answer both your questions, when you become hosted you lose all but 2 or 4 credits and so you must rebuild them by posting immediately and get about 10-15 credits to get give you some breathing room to upload your website.

Yes, the warning issue is that once I wanted a fresh account and I got a suggestion to terminate it, post on the forum and recreate it again by getting those posts.. it worked, but the problem was that I firstly posted and got ~30 days of credits, only then I terminated the account and I noticed that I had nothing left again and again I needed to post those posts, heh, got the hosting, lost those credits and needed to post again to get at least 10 days of credits, that was a pity really :mellow: but somehow I managed to get over it. :D

Thanks for the information, I have now just terminated the account. Sucks because I didn't want to lose any of that information on the site I made. It's just that at the moment I don't have time to dedicate to it and keep it active. Also the fact that I went on vacation and could not post anything here to keep my credits up. So since I terminated that account, does that mean I will have to get credits again to get hosted again????? Or can I just make a new site???? Will suck if I have to get credits again to get hosted and have to fill out the paper work again. Well hope i don't have to do it again but if i do I guess that's what I have to do. Hopefully the next time I will be able to keep my hosting credits up as well as keep the site active.Regards,JohnNitro

You have to do it, at least when I did that, I needed to post on the forums, write the hosting request again, the good thing I was easily accepted, I think ;)

I canceled it like I was told but why am I still in the negative credits>>????If its not hosted anymore why am I losing my credits????I was not negative the last time I looked.............

Hosting Credits are no longer something to worry about. With the new Credit System v3.0, you earn myCENTs with posts with which you purchase hosting (these you worry about if you don't have enough to renew!) - Refer to that thread linked to for details.