xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fahim

How To Do An Ollie On A Skateboard?

How to do an "Ollie" on a skateboard?An "ollie" means smacking the tail of the skateboard on the floor with one foot while pulling up the front side in air with other, so that the whole board lifts up.its one of skate boarding's basic moves and you can do all kinds of other things once you've mastered it.Jolly Ollie Days:The hardest part is the timing-it comes with practice.Here's how to do it.1. Wear plenty of safety gear (better safe than sorry).2. Put your rear foot on the tail and your front foot a bit more than halfway along the board. The ball of your rear foot should be in the middle of the board and your front foot should be nearly straight across the board.3. Crouch down. Push your rear foot down on the tail of the board and straighten your legs. ( this should make the board bounce up.)4. As the board comes up, slide your front foot to nose of the board, then press it down.5. Lift up your back foot. ( this should make tail rise so that board is level in midair.)6. As the board descends, bend your knees and pull them toward your chest.Learn the trick from a stationary position, when you've got the hang of it you can try it moving along and going up and down hills. :)

Nice topic. I had a lot of trouble trying to learn the ollie on my new skateboard, while on my old one i could ollie half a meter. Probably my new one (costs 100 euros) is heavier than my old one(10 euros). Anyways, good post.

i dont think the best way to learn ollie is over the forum...you can learn it over youtube tutorials but this won't teach anyone to do it!(just a notice)

Good tips ZapooH. Back when I use to skateboard the ollie was the first thing I learned and it took me the longest time to get the hang of it but once I did I started learning a bunch of new tricks pretty quickly. Although like Eggie said it's hard to learn it over a forum. It's better to get a friend to teach you.

I find that ollies are fairly easy to do but not really, having to staying up on those two wheels is hard. Getting up in the right motion is easy and simple for me but it's just staying up is what i have trouble with. I should try it again using these instructions, thanks!