xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Haiku

Hello,Haiku is an ancient form of japanese poetry. It follows a 5-7-5 structure: that is, the first line has 5 syllables, the second line has seven syllables, and the last line has 5 syllables. It requires what a person is saying to be condensed down to it's pure essency. Here are two I wrote:EBAY:I bid on ebayBuy it now or wait untilbidding's overCLOCK (this is very random, dosen't make much sense):The clock looks funnyIt has a freaky numberThe hand turns round

bidding's over

The hand turns round

So I suppose pointing out that each of those only has 4 syllables would be a bit irritating, then? :)

The first is easy enough to fix, just change "bidding's" to "bidding is". The second I guess would be "the hand turns around".

So I suppose pointing out that each of those only has 4 syllables would be a bit irritating, then? :)

The first is easy enough to fix, just change "bidding's" to "bidding is". The second I guess would be "the hand turns around".

Oops, I didn't notice. I can fix them soon though.