xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Tv Tuner/webcam

On my new computer, I have a TV tuner installed. The problem is, Windows Live Messenger keeps detecting the TV tuner as a webcam. How do I stop any software from recognizing it as a camera?

Occasionally, I have a late-model windows system that I really don't want to have access to the network. To make that happen, I go into the Device Manager and uninstall the device, the the hardware wizard and let it autodetect any uninstalled devices. When it finds it, I manually override its driver selection, and make it something like a tape drive, which means the driver will never get the interrupts it is looking for.You'll get warnings when you do it, but Windows will let you do this if you really insist. If it causes you a problem (I've never had one), just leave it uninstalled. You will get an offer to install it at bootup, but just cancel it.

Occasionally, I have a late-model windows system that I really don't want to have access to the network. To make that happen, I go into the Device Manager and uninstall the device, then start the the hardware wizard and let it autodetect any uninstalled devices. When it finds it, I manually override its driver selection, and make it something like a tape drive, which means the driver will never get the interrupts it is looking for.You'll get warnings when you do it, but Windows will let you do this if you really insist. If it causes you a problem (I've never had one), just leave it uninstalled. You will get an offer to install it at bootup, but just cancel it.