xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kanade

Get The Current Running Machine Ip-c/c++ Coding

There are many ways to get the current machine ip in c/c++ coding. I prefer to use gethostbyname(*hostname).But the issue with this is we need to pass hostname to get the IP address of the machine. Is there any other alternative solution to get the current machine IP without knowing the hostname?.It works fine in windows as we can pass a null pointer in place of hostname then gethostname() will return the IP.But same will not work in Linux, it will give segmentation fault.If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Nice info, thanks. Probably a lot of people here forgot that.
However, unfortunately, I would say that this is not really a tutorial ! At leas I feel it really short. Remember or tutorial rules http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6-forum/ :

1. The Tutorials have to be of a bare minimum length of 500 words to be accepted.

That's why I moved it here, where is more probably it's place.Regards
Yordan

Nice info, thanks. Probably a lot of people here forgot that. However, unfortunately, I would say that this is not really a tutorial ! At leas I feel it really short. Remember or tutorial rules http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6-forum/ :

That's why I moved it here, where is more probably it's place.
Regards
Yordan

OK may be i have posted in rong place, but i have not posted this one as tutorial and i know that this can't be a toturial. Just i posted this to get the info from the people here and give some info too. any ways for moving this topic to correct place.