xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RunninXC

Guitar Hero And Rock Band Success A Mystery Delving Into the Innermost Sanctum of the Human Psyche? :D

I have a question for all those who play, and love or like games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.Why??? I just don't get it. To me the games don't look fun, nor do they appear to have any other mystical quality about them other than their success.I will admit I have played Guitar Hero only once, but I just didn't find it all that amazing. Maybe it's just me because I'm not into the whole DDR-esque feeling, but where are some of the things that make the greatest games of all time? Great story, design, uniqueness, etc? Guitar Hero might get a few small points in the design area and maybe a half a point for doing a DDR (to me) rehash with a guitar, but other than that, what is there?

With a game like Guitar Hero, you are given a guitar to play. So, I would think you would only play the guitar, and if you are into that kind of thing, then all of the time and energy will go into making everything about it an experience. I love to play guitar, and to try to mimic it on a game is pretty cool, to me. If I were not really into playing guitars, or the concept of music instrument playing, then why bother putting time into playing such a game.Learning to play the game is part of the fun concept. You start out easy trying to get the idea and feel of playing guitar like that. If you have passion and enjoy the styles of rock music, it would be fun to mimic the real thing. If you start to get better, then it is challenging yourself to more different licks and trying to keep up with a lot of notes.No guns, swords, footballs, or anything of the sort... but if you really like to thrash out on a guitar, it is for you... if not, then you are just holding a guitar looking controller wondering why you would be putting any time into it...It just comes down to what you are into, and what you can get out of a specific game. (This basically turned from an answer and into a critique... just opinions...)- skedad -

It's a pretty fun game when you've got a group of people and you can battle it out with the guitars drums/mic. On your own it's pretty mundane although as you move up the levels I guess there's a sense of accomplishment? Although I do believe the time spent playing could be spent much better actually learning the Instrument instead. I guess there's also the aspect of the music, it's just a bit of fun incorporated into listening to good music (even though i'm not really into rock that much)Overall I think it's more of a group game to muck around with a group of friends... I haven't/won't buy it personally but its always a welcome addition to any house party!

guitar hero is so much HARDER when the difficulty level of rock band is compared to it.Rockband has better equipments, better songs. Love it