xisto Community
Beppo

Limewire The best p2p music / videos software download.

Yah, Sometimes when im trying to find movie soundtracks i go to a software called "Utorrent", It gets me what i want, But not all the time :(

I would think Limewire could still a reliable program, but I don't really think it is as popular as it once was. Once the government cracked down on music downloading, it also starting getting tough on piracy. Now there are a lot of programs that will really keep an eye on illegal copying, and even making sure there are not multiple serial codes...I believe Limewire can still be used legally, but I don't really think it is used as much as it was and that is do to music and video piracy. Now some file sharing is still done legally, but it is becoming a rarity. Pictures and photo sharing could still be considered... But even uploading and downloading software... illegal!Anyone can install Limewire... it is the P2P usage that is limited. So PRO will give you better and faster results... but to download, or upload.... <i>what?</i>Have fun, but you have to be careful in the process!- skedad -

I used to use Limewire, but for sometime I don't really use it, I had it installed, but didn't run it, now I don't even have it installed, same with Soulseek, I don't know why, but now if I need something, I usually try torrents and dc++, I don't even use eMule anymore, maybe I don't really need to download to much files which can't be found on web, due to it's free or even open-source :)

I use FrostWire since it isn't controlled by any company and its released on an opensource license. It uses the same codebase as Limewire since it was a fork of Limewire back in 2006 if I'm correct. Frostwire is a great piece of software and I have yet to have a problem with it. As for Limewire PRO, you can get the same for free in Frostwire.xboxrulz

Please keep in mind when using Limewire or any other perr-to-peer filesharing software that you are downloading LEGAL files. Most music, movies and software obtained through peer-to-peer software are copyrighted and are not legal. Of course there are exceptions, such as Linux distributions and open-source software.Personally, I use LimeWire and it is pretty good. But if available, I prefer BitTorrent as it is more flexible and allows more control over file transfer.Don't forget to scan your files for viruses and malware! :)

Yes, of course we should be using these programs with legal intentions and not pirate. However, there are places like Canada where music downloading is NOT illegal. So there are unfortunately loop holes.xboxrulz

Personally, with all that music downloads, piracy, I don't really get the point, I understand that it's illegal, but most of people do it and I don't really care, they listen music for their personal needs at home or in a car through USB or bluetooth etc. or even maybe through their mp3 player or mobile phone.. I rather would not like people who get profit out of these, who are selling illegal music or downloading it, making CD copies which looks like original and selling them, but their bitrate is very low and etc. and they get profit out of it, this is illegal, but when a guy downloads some mp3 through p2p he listens to it, oh I like it, he will want a better bitrate he "might" go and buy a CD even though, these days I don't like CD's anymore, they just take to much space, 5 years ago when my room was full of CDs I thought cool, now I say where to put all that "garbage"/"data" and putting everything into USB keys also isn't the best way, even though they are so cheap these days..

At first I did use Limewire for music downloading, but it was not frowned upon. Heck, I started with the FIRST Napster... when it was free and still legal to do all, too. But then again, if I were to up and download music a lot again, I would still be willing to buy a CD of the group if I were up to it and if it were worthwhile... And yes, the bitrate and quality is not the same as crystal sound CDs nowadays. I just purchased a CD the other week, put it in my van and was blown away! Very different to my older burnt CDs.... and that is why I will continue to buy... QUALITY! And I do have an iShuffle, but I use it when I am not by a PC, stereo, radio, my TV and well, you get the idea...

I like Limewire, too. I've been using it for a long time now, probably two three years. However, recently I have noticed that on various occasions I cannot connect to the Peer to Peer Servers. I get no green bars, and am unable to download any files. Is this just me? I didn't start happening until a couple of months ago.

well, these peer to peer network stuff aren't guaranteed to run. However, please refrain discussing software for illegal matter. It is unsure what jurisdiction these forums are governed by. Since I'm Canadian, I'm in no risk violating the Terms of Service as it isn't illegal on my turf.If we do not know the conditions in which the board is governed and the topic is continued, I have no choice than to lock it down since we wouldn't want to risk walking into a Terms of Service violation.xboxrulz