xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Getting My Wireless Network Adapter Working On Linux

Well, I recently decided to switch over all my PC's to linux, and was stumped when I tried to convert one of my laptops. It has a Dell Wireless 1370 wireless networking mini-pci card, based on a broadcom chip. I tried to find a driver on the internet, to no avail. I found NDISWrapper, but despite my knowledge of how to set up a web server on linux, I couldn't work out how to use it. I found a graphic tool, but it was commercial, which ruined any use for me. I was wondering if anyone here knew a free tool that would automatically set it up.A few other things: my distro is Ubuntu 7.10, my wireless network has WPA encryption, assume I know nothing about linux when replying, and I could also use a netgear wg111 USB wireless adapter if that is easier to set up.

Edited by Miles (see edit history)

Thanks for that, should've looked a bit more, haha. I'm posting this on Linux right now, and to go a bit offtopic, when installing I accidentally deleted windows (it seems) but I'm able to do so much on linux that I don't care.