xisto Community
Feelay

Some People Can't Enter My Site =/

Hey there!I don't know were the problem is from, but some people can't connect to my site.It says "connection failed" all the time. I tryed with three friends. One of them couldn't enter, the two others could. And then I asked two others again, and they couldn't either. I can enter it. Any ideas?Thanks //Feelay

Just a suggestion but you might want to look in Cpanel under Analysis and Log Files. Under the Latest Visitors function you might get an idea as to what is happening. If you really want to dig into the problem then take a look at the Raw Access Logs.

ok?
I don't know why this will help, but here is the last time one of them visited. (last visitors):

Http Code: 200 Date: Mar 16 11:30:25 Http Version: HTTP/1.1 Size in Bytes: 8837Referer: -
Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Looks normal there.

I just visited your website, it works, no issues here.

My browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12

Sometimes, the Xisto servers gets bogged down due to some inconsiderate members running heavy-duty scripts. That's my hypothesis at least.
xboxrulz

You can at the least look at the HTTP code and see what the problem is (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html). In this case I know that the requestor received a 200 OK and the transaction went through without any problems. The most common problems include 404 Not Found or 206 Partial Content. The 404 means that the user asked for a document that is not on the server and can usually be corrected by updating your links. A 206 means that the entire page was not displayed before the connection was closed. This could mean that the server is overloaded. In general a 2xx message is a status message and is normal operation. 1xx is informational and is usually not seen, 3xx is redirection, 4xx is a client error, and 5xx is a server error. The big one is the 4xx series and you should try to fix these problems if possible.

Yeah I just noticed that, lol. Get all your friends IPs!I don't know why it happens, it just randomly does it. I read somewhere that when the server feels like it's being abused it will block IPs or something like that, not sure.