xisto Community
Miles

Astahost, A Review By Me

I've been with Xisto running my website for nearly 2 months, and that is long enough to have a good enough opinion to review, so I'll go ahead. Xisto is, so far, the best host I've ever used. My previous, Core-Fusion, was almost as good, but sadly they changed their post-to-host system to needing to make 50 posts a month rather than, say, 10 good posts. Xisto works differently, and judges by the wordcount of a post, and it's quality. A good 5-line post will keep your hosting credits at a steady amount if done daily. The forum is always filled with interesting topics and replying to them is a joy, rather than a chore.Now to move onto the features of Xisto.Astahost is extremely good feature-wise, especially for a free host. 10GB of bandwidth is enough for a fairly popular site, and the space is good too. Unlike other free hosts, it does not have a pointless low cap on how many subdomains or addon domains you can have. Another great thing is that sendmail is enabled, this is useful for message boards where it is essential to keep out spambots.I know this was a short review, but I'm sure any readers shall find it interesting, please comment.

Thanks a bunch Miles for the sweet and short review :-) I am happy that you liked Xisto's Free Web Hosting Service. Your continued support and good will helps us serve you better and encourages us to offer more services in future.-Shree

I've been with Xisto for about 9 or so months now and I am extremely happy with it!It started off a little bumpy, if anyone can remember my little problem I had with. And a few days ago it was also a little bumpy, it was dying every five minutes and MySQL kept crashing. But apart from all that it's been great!Anyway, I think for free hosting, this is the best you will ever find! 500 mb space, 10 gb bandwidth, and what really pleases me is cPanel (it would be nicer with the normal cPanel theme though or the newest RV Theme :)) and all the other features it has.The forum is also a great place to be on! At first I wasn't too sure about having to post on a forum for hosting, but now I'm glas you have to! I've learned so much from the forum and I've been having a great time here! Posting here is great!Unfortunately... I have come to the decision that when I get back from the Gold Coast (in Queensland, Australia) that I'm buying hosting. I will still come on occasionally if I need any tech help but that's about it :)

well it has not been so long since I started using Xisto but I think that does not stop me from giving my opinion about this great webhosting service.

actually I have used another free website hosting but they placed ad banner on my pages which simply make my page looks terrible. since Im not a professional website developer , I just wanted to make my website so this post to host thing was very strange to me but by reading the material on http://forums.xisto.com/ I decided to take the risk and that simply worked. and Im so happy that I actualy got a professional website hosting for free.its a great experience to work through the professional control panel for free. and eversince I created my account I've found it 100% up.

apart from website hosting, I've found this forum extremely informative and helpfull.and since the forum is being watche 24hour, nobody can post spam or misbehave here. the rules and regulation are perfect and stricly followed.

OK. Now it's my turn to make a short reply ;)Everything You guys is saying is true.The hosting is better than ever. everything they offer is better than ever. Every option. The bandwidth(10GB). the space (500MB).The mail function. MySQL. PHP. PHPmyAdmin. Everything!Even this forum is great! The community. the way people help each other. If anyone is having problem, someone will help.Maybe someone can be mean sometimes.. But else, everything here is very good.But you have everyone forgot something very important :)The Admins (and mods of course) :) Without them, nothing here would be running. Without them, this place would not exist.They are also very good ;)//Feelay

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)