xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Computer Microphone

I have a computer headset that connects to my sound card. One connects to the audio and the other to the mic. They both work but the only problem is that when i use the mic the voice on it comes out soo extremely soft that you would have to turn your speakers on all the way just to barely hear it. I checked the software that came with my soundcard which is a soundblaster X16 Live card btw.I just want to be able to turn the volume up on it so i can use my microphone. Please pst if there are any questions.

Im using Windows XP SP 2. Um Im using the bundled software from my sound card which is just generic creative sound software im not really sure what other information you would need in order to change such volume level

check if the microphone JACK is properly plugged on to the back panel sound card (pink color coded) or front panel if you have. Check for the microphone wire not rumbled. Have an updated sound driver, of course compatible with your hardware. Check at Control Panel - Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices - Sound and Audio Devices - at Properties point to Voice, then choose which one is appropriate for your system.