xisto Community
tamuna90

Administrator Account Problem In Microsoft Xp [solved] I have lost my documents

I have problem with administrator account ... I created new administrator account with this way: start /control panel /account users/new account and than I created a new one ; after this I turned off computer . I wanted to have two skypes turned on and my friend suggested me to do so... when I turned it on the second day , I coudn't enter with the first administrator ,and I entered with the administrator that I had created . I have lost my document folder.. please help me . how can I enter or can I enter with that first administrator account??Can my documents be restored or are they deleted ?

Edited by yordan
added the word "solved" in the title (see edit history)

I guess that you forgot the name and/or the password of the first admin account.Simply, go to the control pannel, users, you will see the list of the users, and look the exact name of the first admin.Then, logout the second account and try again the first admin account with the correct name and password.If this does not work, go back to the second admin account and go again to the users control pannel and change the first admin user password. Now it should work.RegardsYordan

I guess that you forgot the name and/or the password of the first admin account.Simply, go to the control pannel, users, you will see the list of the users, and look the exact name of the first admin.
Then, logout the second account and try again the first admin account with the correct name and password.
If this does not work, go back to the second admin account and go again to the users control pannel and change the first admin user password. Now it should work.
Regards
Yordan

thank u very much you are very kind :P
when I entered the control panel there is only the second(new) admin name and "guest" .
when I turn on the computer there is only new(second) admin name and I have to enter password that I know ;)
How can I restore my documents? :P
Edited by tamuna90 (see edit history)

First of all, the obvious question : where are your backups ? (HA HA HA, sorry, bit it's time to remember about that).Now, I'm pretty convinced that the user has been distroyed, but that the files are still somewhere in your computer. So, do you remember the name of one of files ?Then, right click on "my computer", "search", and type the part you remember of your file name, and it should tell you where the files are.

I can only take a guess but here are my assumptions. The first administrator account is the default “Administrator” account that came with XP. You also have the fast user pick welcome screen (you don’t have to press ctl-alt-del and then enter a username and password).By default when you create an alternate administrator account the default Administrator account is not shown on the welcome screen. Microsoft assumes that you created this other administrator account when you first installed Windows so it usually is not a problem. (As a side note you usually have to provide this as the last step during an install so I don’t know how this happened either unless you have Home Edition or a pre-SP2 release). Not to fear because all your files are still there and the account is still active. If all you need are the files then you can access them by browsing to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents. You can also change the settings of having the Administrator account shown on the welcome screen by either editing the registry (https://www.petri.com/add_the_administrator&%2339;s_account_to_the_welcome_screen_in_xp_pro) or using TweakUI (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). I would recommend just copying the files out of the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents folder and calling it a day. If you still want to see the account then get TweakUI, it has many additional features that you may find interesting.

hmm.. when you say administrator account, do you mean the account that you created when you installed windows, or the account that Windows created (The real administrator account)? If you mean the one that you created, you can try to login with the real administrator account (if you have welcome screen, try to press ctrl+alt+delete 2 times).. because if I am right, the real adminisrator account has acces to all files on the computer.. else. if you mean that the real administrator account is gone, I'm afraid that you have to re-install windows (not 100% though)..

But there is some programs that can restore gone files (thats how the police can catch illegal downloaders that have erased their files ;)). you can find free softwares on google.. But if the first thing i said didn't work, tell me, and i'll figure out something else.

OT:Sorry for OT, but can any mod/admin please move this file to its correct forum.. I don't like it beeing here, dunno why:P

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

First of all, the obvious question : where are your backups ? (HA HA HA, sorry, bit it's time to remember about that).Now, I'm pretty convinced that the user has been distroyed, but that the files are still somewhere in your computer. So, do you remember the name of one of files ?
Then, right click on "my computer", "search", and type the part you remember of your file name, and it should tell you where the files are.

I have tried searching but in vain ;)

I can only take a guess but here are my assumptions. The first administrator account is the default “Administrator” account that came with XP. You also have the fast user pick welcome screen (you donât have to press ctl-alt-del and then enter a username and password).

By default when you create an alternate administrator account the default Administrator account is not shown on the welcome screen. Microsoft assumes that you created this other administrator account when you first installed Windows so it usually is not a problem. (As a side note you usually have to provide this as the last step during an install so I donât know how this happened either unless you have Home Edition or a pre-SP2 release).

Not to fear because all your files are still there and the account is still active. If all you need are the files then you can access them by browsing to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents. You can also change the settings of having the Administrator account shown on the welcome screen by either editing the registry (https://www.petri.com/add_the_administrator&%2339;s_account_to_the_welcome_screen_in_xp_pro) or using TweakUI (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). I would recommend just copying the files out of the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents folder and calling it a day. If you still want to see the account then get TweakUI, it has many additional features that you may find interesting.

I have never had administrator account on the welcome screen.. I just turned on computer.. without any password...

but now there is only that admin name that I created yesterday :P

\Documents and Settings\Administrator - when I enter here there isn't my documents, only desktop, start menu, shared and etc. ;)

In control panel there isn't administrator shown ...only the guest and the second account name

try to show the "hidden files".. I hope you know how to do that ;)Enter "my computer".on the top, press "tools".then press (not sure what it is in english, but it should be something like:"Folder Settings").then press on the second tab.then press on "Show hidden files".(when i try to see administrators documents, i can.. maybe you can't because you are logged in as a guest. My files isn't hidden.)

hmm.. when you say administrator account, do you mean the account that you created when you installed windows, or the account that Windows created (The real administrator account)? If you mean the one that you created, you can try to login with the real administrator account (if you have welcome screen, try to press ctrl+alt+delete 2 times).. because if I am right, the real adminisrator account has acces to all files on the computer.. else. if you mean that the real administrator account is gone, I'm afraid that you have to re-install windows (not 100% though)..

But there is some programs that can restore gone files (thats how the police can catch illegal downloaders that have erased their files ;)). you can find free softwares on google.. But if the first thing i said didn't work, tell me, and i'll figure out something else.

OT:Sorry for OT, but can any mod/admin please move this file to its correct forum.. I don't like it beeing here, dunno why:P

I think that it is account created by Windows -(The real administrator account) because it hadn't any password..

yes I think the real administrator account is gone :P

acctually the real admin account can't be gone.. look. do as I say..If you have welcome screen when starting windows, log out (and i mean log out, not chnage user!!), then press ctrl+alt+delete 2 times! very important.. don't do it very fast, and not very slow.. just press them like when you press 2 spaces or something.. then a window will pop-up.. just write "administrator" as the name, and try to login (not sure that u need password).. just try that.. then try to enter the "my documents" for the user you want.. ok? just do as I wrote.. if it did not work, login as a guest again, and write that here.Edit:!!! If you have english version of windows it is Administrator. If you have another language, and administrator don't work, try to write it in the language that your windows use!!

try to show the "hidden files".. I hope you know how to do that ;)
Enter "my computer".
on the top, press "tools".
then press (not sure what it is in english, but it should be something like:"Folder Settings").
then press on the second tab.
then press on "Show hidden files".
(when i try to see administrators documents, i can.. maybe you can't because you are logged in as a guest. My files isn't hidden.)

YOU ARE GENIUS!!!
IT WORKED
I FOUND MY DOCUMENT FOLDER
:P THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Glad it worked.. If you ever need help again, you know where to find me :PNow, can you do me a favour, please :P Don't write the same post in 100 topics. just make your own, and wait for a replie ;) Thank you.

no idea.. i didn't check.. but when I looked this morning, there was like hundreds of them ;) and that kinda disturbed me a bit. but lets forget that.