xisto Community
bttfpromo

How Many Gigs do you have?

I have 38.1 GB, and I have only used 1.8 GB. The reason why is because I recently partitioned and reformatted my hard drive (it's the second time I've done it this year.)

Just wanna clear up some doubts... does having more gig, boost ur comp's performance in any way?

It depends really, rather then just saying bigger is better, it would more appropriately be bigger and faster is better. I've seen 15k RPM HDs that have about 12 Gigs on them, and that would be good for few things, but it would increase and compensate performance versuses a 80 gig 5200 RPM.
Anyway, I currently have an 80 Gb Hard drive, and with the new computer I am recieving this Christmas, that will be increased to 160 Gigs.

:D

Us aussies dont really need 160gb hard drives yet cause whenever sumtin omes out in the US it comes out in AUS like 1yr 6mnths later :D grrr..... evil americans! )no offence)

Us aussies dont really need 160gb hard drives yet cause whenever sumtin omes out in the US it comes out in AUS like 1yr 6mnths later :D grrr..... evil americans! )no offence)

I generally use my Hard Drive for storing Backups, thus why I want two PCs, for one to be a mule.
Other then that, my mum can play on my old one.. as it's suprasses the reccomended features for her games anyway.