xisto Community
bttfpromo

How Many Gigs do you have?

My 1 year old laptop has got 60 GB of space. Most of it is free space.My first computer had a 250 MB SCSI drive! :( So the space has increased with 24576% ! :(

I can't understand the reasoning behind having 100+GB hardrive. Do you even use a quarter of that amount of space? My HD is a 40 Gig and I'm quite content with that much. I don't even use a quarter of it's full capacity, so I don't understand the need for more than that. :(

I can't understand the reasoning behind having 100+GB hardrive. Do you even use a quarter of that amount of space?

My HD is a 40 Gig and I'm quite content with that much. I don't even use a quarter of it's full capacity, so I don't understand the need for more than that.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wholeheartedly agree with you cybersprite, altho i do have a 120gb hard drive. It is more than I will ever need anytime soon because of the simple fact that i have only ever used ~30gig's and not much more. So until this drive dies or they come out with drives 10x+ faster then i will not have to upgrade it any time soon :D.

I have a 80 gigabyte hard drive by Western Digital. 80 GB is plenty of space for me because I usually don't fill it up with junk that takes up a lot of hard drive space. My gaming folders like Steam only takes up about 10 gigabytes which leaves plenty of space for other important things like backing up other stuff, getting movies, music, pictures, or anything else that would be important or entertaining.

I have 80 gigabyte on hard disc. That is enugh for now. But I think that in future we will have much more memory in computer, unlimited. I hope that this moment will be here soon.

I currently have a little bit over a Terabyte for my Photoshop computer, but my play computer only have 250 gb. I have about 960 gb used on my photshopping one, with my play computer has about 30 free. I have 600 in the computer and 1 500 gb. Im getting a new 500 gb external for XMAS YEAH! Its on sale at Comp USA for 450 whatta steal

I'm riding 2x80 gig HD's Western Digital homie!I just need the space, I have one of them that's formatted, and has nothing on it but the OOOLLLDDD Dos file system (like 4.8) and I use it to store EVERYTHING, it's encrypted like a mofo (even though nothing on there needs to be encrypted) thanks to my buddy John. And my other HDD just has Windows XP Pro SP1, and all my programs. But that's it. I'm using 40 gigs of my MS DOS drive, and 20 of my Windows drive. Tight huh? Too bad I can't afford ANYTHING else after I did that... lol

I have 120gb. When I bouth the HDD I sad "I'll never need that much" but now 2 OS (WinXpPro + Mandrake Linux) + movies + music + all kinds of programs = almoust 50gigs. In a few years I must get a new HDD.