xisto Community
bttfpromo

How Many Gigs do you have?

40 + 40 + 80 =160 GIGS The 80 and 40 are full... working on my next 40, that tends to happpen when you play with digital video. One 40 and the 80 are westerndigitals, and the other is a maxtor. The wd's seem to be much better drives than the maxtorI just keep geting hard drives from friends whose computers "break" so they give me the stuff when they buy a new one. :)

Maxtor 40G w/ 2M cache + Maxtor 80G w/ 8M cacheAlmost full... :)

I have a 40 gig Seagate Momentus on my Laptop and adding more is naturally out of question.I actually overheated the Toshiba 40 gig which was in it before, but it was a slow 4200rpm drive so I dun really care. I think I'll send it back before the warranty runs out so that it can become a backup drive for my PC.However what do you guys think, I have a 40gig Barracuda back home and for a future upgrade (never use half of it anyways) should I get a bigger drive, or should I get an identical Barracuda and make a RAID array. That would be blindingly fast! :)

I have a really old computer that originally only came with 2gigs, but we upgraded it by 20gigs, and we have now used about the whole of the 2 gig one and half of the 20gig one. Music itself takes up about 2gigs! Not much compared to some people...

20 + 80 = 100 GigWhen I bought my machine back in 2000, it had 20 GB. Recently I've upgraded to an additional 80 GB.My HDD is mostly full (85-90%) full. Filled with Songs, Movies, Downloads and my RAW images and my handycam movies.Guess I need to buy a DVD writer to burn off these movies and songs. And obviously I'll buy a new 160+ GB HDD in the coming yr or so.ByeBigyan

I have 2 hard-drive...new +old oneold one is 40GBnew one is 160GBso totally 200Gb...i put 20 GB to my linux...and 5 Gb to my windows system..c:/ if u prefre..then 10 GB for e:/ then 160Gb for d:/ this make up 195Gb...forgot where is that 5 GB gone to...nvm...

Well,When you partition hard drives, they lose on space. Some miscalculation takes place because of the 1GB=1024MB equation too.So that's where your missing 5 GB is... :)