xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MiniBusiness

Ad-hoc Networks (without Routers) another way of getting wireless

Hey, i started learning about networks when i was playing with settings on my laptop. I discovered ad-hoc networks. Basically if you dont know hoe it works iv'e got built in woreless in my laptop but you can get an adapter, and ive got the internet from my moderm by an ethernet cable. I can connect to wireless and lan at once, and you can share the internet from the sending laptop. The only downside is that you have to keep the sending laptop turned on to receive it all the time. what you can do aswell is printer sharing, hard drive sharing (personally i have an external har drive), you can share music, pictures documents, you can even access other programs. I hope this helps you and feel free to ask me questions.

Keeping ad-hoc semi-permanentAd-hoc Networks (without Routers)

I have an ad-hoc set up on my windows 7 which I use to get internet on my phone, and every time I turn off my computer and turn it on, I have to reconnect manually. This is fine of course, but it would be just yet another convenience if I could somehow set it to connect to the ad-hoc connection all the time. Can this be set up?

-question by Ultimate