xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kxrain

Load Firefox Faster

I've been researching how to load firefox faster. So better follow this steps:-

1. Go to the schortcut of firefox and click on it.

2. Then put this in the target tab /Prefetch:1 so the line will look like this "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /Prefetch:1

Note:use space between exe" and /prefetch:1

It really works on me.

adding the "/prefetch:#" to your command line just changes the hash number passed to your application...

according to the literature, winXP already prefetches anyhow, so this would have no significant gain in performance unless you ran firefox with differing plugins...

in other words, your firefox.exe is already being prefetched. if you specify a different number, it is merely going to a different file, and probably just taking up space in your prefetch cache...

"The /prefetch:# flag is looked at by the OS when we create the process - however, it has one (and only one) purpose. We add the passed number to the hash...
...I suspect that the 'add /prefetch:1 to make rocket go now' urban legend will never die"