xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kxrain

Try To Comment My Computer Specs.

Operating System:--Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Processor:--2.00 gigahertz Intel Celeron8 kilobyte primary memory cache128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Main Circuit Board:--Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4VP-MX Rev 1.xxBus Clock: 100 megahertzBIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1010.003 10/21/2004 Drives:--120.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity69.71 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free SpaceATAPI CDROM. [CD-ROM drive]CyberDrv CW018D CD-R/RW [CD-ROM drive]PF5020I JBF015L SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]ST340014A [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 3JX8HG5B, rev 3.06, SMART Status: HealthyST380215A [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 6QZ26PYJ, rev 3.AAD, SMART Status: Healthy Memory Modules:--256 Megabytes Installed MemorySlot 'DIMM0' has 256 MBSlot 'DIMM1' is EmptyLocal Drive Volumes :--c: (NTFS on drive 0) 40.01 GB 28.60 GB free d: (FAT32 on drive 1) 29.99 GB 11.29 GB free e: (FAT32 on drive 0) 40.01 GB 29.00 GB free f: (FAT32 on drive 1) 10.00 GB 821 MB free

I'd recommend a better processor unless you don't need it for gaming or for movie processing and other processor intensive tasks. However, you must get more memory since 256MB is basically running bare minimum. Upgrade it to 1GB (which is today's standard). If not, slap another 256MB to that empty slot to make it 512MB total.xboxrulz

I don't think your processor is all that brilliant, you should try and get a new one. Also, 256 mb ram isn't much at all. Depending on what you do on your computer, it could be ok but it would still be pretty slow.I'd say get an Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 gb ram or more. Then get vista!Do you have a dvd drive, or just a cd drive? maybe a whole new computer would be easier, lol. but it depends on what you use it for.

I don't think your processor is all that brilliant, you should try and get a new one. Also, 256 mb ram isn't much at all. Depending on what you do on your computer, it could be ok but it would still be pretty slow.
I'd say get an Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 gb ram or more. Then get vista!

Do you have a dvd drive, or just a cd drive? maybe a whole new computer would be easier, lol. but it depends on what you use it for.

I wouldn't go Intel unless you're going Quad with the new 45nm chips (until AMD steps up to 45nm). Else, I recommend sticking to AMD for best performance. Also, right now, all the Athlon chips are dirt cheap (comparably speaking).

xboxrulz

Operating System:--Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Processor:--
2.00 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board:--
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4VP-MX Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1010.003 10/21/2004

Drives:--
120.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
69.71 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ATAPI CDROM. [CD-ROM drive]
CyberDrv CW018D CD-R/RW [CD-ROM drive]
PF5020I JBF015L SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST340014A [Hard drive] (40.02 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 3JX8HG5B, rev 3.06, SMART Status: Healthy
ST380215A [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 6QZ26PYJ, rev 3.AAD, SMART Status: Healthy

Memory Modules:--
256 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM0' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes :--
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 40.01 GB 28.60 GB free
d: (FAT32 on drive 1) 29.99 GB 11.29 GB free
e: (FAT32 on drive 0) 40.01 GB 29.00 GB free
f: (FAT32 on drive 1) 10.00 GB 821 MB free

Yeah I agree you need to increase the processor speed especially since you got two hard drives connected, and on top of that at least a 1Gb of RAM to go along with it. Even the hertz's seems low which leads me to conclude that you you didn't build it but actually own and if so is a very outdated computer but as long as it still runs you can use it for basic stuff that doesn't deal with multimedia of anykind.

Yeah I agree you need to increase the processor speed especially since you got two hard drives connected, and on top of that at least a 1Gb of RAM to go along with it. Even the hertz's seems low which leads me to conclude that you you didn't build it but actually own and if so is a very outdated computer but as long as it still runs you can use it for basic stuff that doesn't deal with multimedia of anykind.

Well, actually, his BUS clock already show it, right now it is what ... 400MHz? Even my 6 year old machine has a 266 MHz clock.

xboxrulz