xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Why Should I Buy A Mac? Some questions

Actually, even though I support Apple, I must say that I just built a gaming PC for $500 CAD, it was great, it was comparable w/ an iMac with some stuff obviously axed. Main reason? CPU, I use an AMD chipset/CPU. That's the bad thing about Apple choosing one manufacturer, you may get cheaper parts from the competition instead of sticking to one company.
xboxrulz

Yes, if you know what you are doing you can build your own system for a decent price. But, I have to ask, does that $500 include a Monitor and an OS?

Why I would buy a mac would be because I wouldn't have the constant fear of viruses hovering over my head. I used to have a pc but it would get viruses all the time and I would constantly get the BSOD, even after it had been repaired by the geek squad! (I'm not that good at taking things apart. So I had them do it.) Despite the fact that macs aren't great for gaming, I personally like drawing in photoshop and browsing the internet better. I guess it kind of depends on why you want a computer.

Remember that it's just a myth that Mac is invulnerable to viruses. All operating systems are vulnerable to viruses. It's just the degree of vulnerability. Windows is notorious for its insecurity. The fact that it's the most used operating system in the world makes it even worse for the operating system as people keep hammering the operating system. Thus, many people find it really scary to use Windows.xboxrulz

You should buy Mac because.....It's the coolest operating system in the world today. If you want to be just as cool as the Mac does, then buy Mac OS products.Mac is for the hippies! Mac is for the people who are tired and wasted in seeing Windows OSes.

Edited by rockershive (see edit history)

Mac has many things that make owning one so great.

-Sleep feature on laptops is great and the flashing light when sleeping is like snoring

-Resell value is really high. It just like BMWs of computers. My laptop i bought for $1500 is now 1200 and i bought it a year ago

-The run on Darwin Core which is a open source version of FreeBSD that has been changed and changed again. With open source core OSs you don't have to worry about memory management problems or things along those lines.

-Alway comes with the newest and best technology built-in

-Parts have been tested and tested again to last as long as possible. I have noticed that they have changed hard drive manufactures from older models to newer ones.

-The displays that come with the systems are extremely high quality. To replace a laptop's display isnt cheap.

Lastly I have gone through many PCs but I still have my old laptop from 5 years ago and it still runs like a dream. My wife uses it and has no issues at all.

Even though MacOS X's core is open sourced, that doesn't mean that it has memory management problems. The memory management isn't even based on the FreeBSD kernel-land space. The Mach kernel handles the core system in the kernel-space. Apple only used FreeBSD for its userland space, which includes user management tools and UNIX system tools implemented in FreeBSD.Darwin is essentially a object oriented Objective-C based fusion between FreeBSD and Mach.xboxrulz

After years of debating I finally broke down and bought an IMac about six months ago and am kicking myself every day for not having made the decision earlier. Everything I have plugged into this thing has been recognized no matter how obscure...no drivers no downloads. To date this thing has never crashed and I'm a power user including video and music applications. The extra money pays for itself in far fewer headaches. I have over 10 machines in my house (each of my 3 kids has one, wife has a laptop, I have two PCs + 1 laptop, my IMac, etc) and can tell you I am ready to throw each of the PCs out of a window. For anyone considering the switch...make it. Don't bother with the Parallels just pull the plug completely and become a Mac user.

Hi One very good reason to buy a mac is there's a lot of great hacks like you can make a php file in a text editor you don't even need a PHP editor.Another is the Graphics Are Ausome.Another is You Can Boot Windows realy easy and it's free.Another is there is so much great stuff out there to download.And So many MoreByeP.S. So you should probally get a mac :o