xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bhupinder

What Is A Good Photoeditor? just cant seem to find the right editor.

Well i have been looking around for a lot of photo editors....Photo Shop is very good but cost a lot of money.So i found GIMP which is very good but i found a one thing in it that i didn't like, but i don't know if it is fix able.Well when every you start from scratch on a for a picture..You have to add text or pictures, and the box around it doesn't cover the whole size of the picture. You can only edit in side that box.So when every i go to do a bucket fill only the box gets filled the rest is white. Does someone know how to fix that? Other then that i find a Gimp fantastic photo editor. So if some one knows how to do bucket fills out side the box please tell me how. thanks Gimp shop isn't what i would use on my computer it has way to many shut downs i don't know if its just my computer or not, but Gimp shop is a copy of GIMP. GIMP is a newer version. but GIMP Shop they say is a copy of Photo Shop which i say 'NO' to. It is no were close to Photo Shop, and half way threw your photo editing it shuts down. So i just got rid of it.VCW VicMan's Photo Editor is a pretty good photo editor. Just doesn't have some things to edit photos unlike GIMP. You can edit photo any were in this but you cant do smudges, paint brush, and ext. but i still use it because GIMP doesn't provide some of the stuff this does.Now thats what i think of these photo editors but you might have or thoughts about them so please post them here. I would certainly like to hear more about photo editors.

Well i have been looking around for a lot of photo editors....Photo Shop is very good but cost a lot of money.So i found GIMP which is very good but i found a one thing in it that i didn't like, but i don't know if it is fix able.Well when every you start from scratch on a for a picture..You have to add text or pictures, and the box around it doesn't cover the whole size of the picture. You can only edit in side that box.So when every i go to do a bucket fill only the box gets filled the rest is white. Does someone know how to fix that? Other then that i find a Gimp fantastic photo editor. So if some one knows how to do bucket fills out side the box please tell me how. thanks
Gimp shop isn't what i would use on my computer it has way to many shut downs i don't know if its just my computer or not, but Gimp shop is a copy of GIMP. GIMP is a newer version. but GIMP Shop they say is a copy of Photo Shop which i say 'NO' to. It is no were close to Photo Shop, and half way threw your photo editing it shuts down. So i just got rid of it.

VCW VicMan's Photo Editor is a pretty good photo editor. Just doesn't have some things to edit photos
unlike GIMP. You can edit photo any were in this but you cant do smudges, paint brush, and ext. but i still use it because GIMP doesn't provide some of the stuff this does.

Now thats what i think of these photo editors but you might have or thoughts about them so please post them here. I would certainly like to hear more about photo editors.

I cannot truly provide any good suggestions for photo editors; as it is I haven't found a very good one myself. The only one I would recommend is Paint.NET, which can be found at download.com. It's rather confusing but it's free and works well. You should definitely check out download.com... it has much other free software that you can download, and it's all tested for spyware. Good luck finding one.

Hi,Have you tried out the Adobe Lightroom? You can do a lot of photo editing from it(plus it is an amazing tool to manage your whole photo collection, and it has a really cool interface), and when you want to do some complex smudging and dodging you can directly open the image into Photoshop and do it. Download a trial and check it. This might be what you are missing!!!!!!!!Cheers!

I use paint.NET for all my graphics.I'm gathering it's not working for you on your computer because you dont have the .NET framework. paint.net is partially microsoft and was written in C# .NET or something like that so it needs the .NET framework. search around for it on the microsoft site.the gimp is ok but paint.net is heaps better.

I have heard of Lightroom, but have never tried it out. I use Photoshop myself, even though I am sure that many editors will get straight to the point when dealing with photo problems.I use a few different techniques for red eye and some for color correction and contrast. I did a lot of correction for a print shop I worked at and that is where I learned Photoshop very well.I am not sure what reliable programs are out there that are free or inexpensive. I have seen different kinds of software, and they went with different products. I have a digital camera, and I had photo editor that went along with it... and as well as my printer/scanner. But I did not install them, because I have been using photoshop. So, maybe to find the right one, you should do some shopping around online, or see if any of your older software has a basic editor included.