xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Rootkit Revealer Locks Up My System

Rootkit Revealer Locks Up My SystemI recently tried to run rootkit revealer on my system just to make sure everything was running smoothly. I have no reason to think I should run it but I am doing it as scheduled preventive maintenance. The problem is that it completely locks up my system about 3 minutes into the scan, even the mouse dies. Nothing helps but a reboot. I noticed that it locks up during the registry scan or at least that’s the last thing displayed in the status bar. I also tried to check the logs but apparently there are none since it stops dead.I do have a few mitigating factors. I am running PGP full disk encryption so this may be causing some of the problems. If anyone has had similar problems please let me know.P.S. I haven’t seen anything similar in the rootkit revealer forums.

maybe it has to lock it up during the scan so nothing changes while its doing it?but if it hasnt happened to anyone else then that probably isnt the cause.ive never used/heard of rootkit revealer so i cant help u much sorry