xisto Community
cse-icons

Paradox Anyone interested

arrrgg...but then again the total distance of the race isnt mentioned thus finding the answer to who will win is kinda impossible since no one knows if the distance was ONLY 10 meters or 11 in which the turtle would surely win. Mmhmm...Sry bout double post btw.

i just dont deal with paraox to confusing unless its the one with the treeif a tree fell and no one was around would it make a noisei love that one, anyways it just to confusing unless you have an Iq of like 212 or someone like Stephen Hawking. i bet he could come up with some sick paradoxes if he wanted to. :rolleyes:

That's the liar paradox, it's just the same as:A Greek man says, "All Greeks are liars".If all Greeks are liars, he is lying, thus saying that all Greeks are not liars. It's strange...I love paradoxes :unsure:

Whoah, sorry for double post (no edit button, gahh!) I guess I didn't notice there was a second page :unsure:I was replying to Shoobi's statement on page 1.

i just dont deal with paraox to confusing unless its the one with the tree

if a tree fell and no one was around would it make a noise

i love that one, anyways it just to confusing unless you have an Iq of like 212 or someone like Stephen Hawking. i bet he could come up with some sick paradoxes if he wanted to. :unsure:

156404[/snapback]

So I guess the real question with that is whether or not sound needs to be heard to be real. Something can exist without being perceived or experienced, if no one existed to perceive or experience a given thing it would still exist. I never considered that much of a paradox.

Just like with the chicken and the egg one. An egg can come only from a full grown chicken so the chicken must first be created to produce the egg. Of course I believe in a creator which first created the chicken, as He created people and the earth mature, so I would expect he created all creatures mature. He may have created the universe mature as well with the appearance of age, since it seems that's what he did with Adam.

Some seeming paradoxes rely on certain things we consider rules or laws however of the universe which may exist only because we know only what we've experienced, and those rules or laws may not be absolute. Scientists acknowledge there's only a handful of true laws or whatever that we can really know for certain where we've seen all possibilities that exist for an experiment, and those laws are only the most basic things as well. We really rely only upon what we've experienced, either personally or as a race for the most part, in about 99.999999999% at least of everything else we're really just taking a step of faith in believing or knowing, whether we like to admit it or not.

In other words, experience may be what some go by but... Just because we've observed the sun to "rise" sooner or later does not mean it always will. Just because we've always observed light to move at a certain speed does not always mean it always does. In fact they are applying a new set of math principles and suspect light in space travels differently then we've always thought and challenges what we always thought about light in connection with Einstein's Theory of Relativity. It involves less light refraction and a steadier "beam" so to speak of light so that it travels faster. Here's an article from a government's energy citations database from the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, if you're interested.

http://www.osti.gov/scitech/

This offers some additional info that isn't too hard to understand at least about how it works:

http://www.rain.org/~karpeles/einsteindis.html

I agree with jzyehoshua, just because you don't hear or see or feel something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Take Alien lifeforms, for example. We haven't found any yet, but just because we haven't, doesn't mean we're alone in the universe.

here's one maybe we humans are the aliene life form, look at history earth was once a blue pearl now it just like mars and venus unlivable, we can only guess when we first showed up thanks to the destrucing on the planet facts could be lies and lies could be facts. maybe a secret service agent was order to cap JFK, who knows but paradox could be the truth of all life. hmm ponder that one.crap now im getting into conspiracy theories!!!

When you think about how much we rely on our sources of information and of everything we see, how lies could be facts and vice versa... It really makes you appreciate how much we go by faith in everything. Ultimately I think the one revealing factor in something is the degree of truth you can see in something, in other words if you can search it utterly without finding any fault or error in it then maybe you've finally found something you can believe in.

also remember it show people percieve something take it like this if one person see's someone pick up a walet behind someone they are thinking that person is consierate, but if someone else saw it they would think they wear stealing it. so it all has to do with perception like also if a glass is half full another person would think its half empty. also some art people make does that to your mind as well like the famous picture with the two childen and the skull. you see 2 childen under archway with the sunset behind then and cups on the wall but if you look outside the two children ou can see the skull.to make it simple perception minkd kinds achilles heel.

also remember it show people percieve something take it like this if one person see's someone pick up a walet behind someone they are thinking that person is consierate, but if someone else saw it they would think they wear stealing it.  so it all has to do with perception like also if a glass is half full another person would think its half empty. also some art people make does that to your mind as well like the famous picture with the two childen and the skull.  you see 2 childen under archway with the sunset behind then and cups on the wall but if you look outside the two children ou can see the skull.

to make it simple perception minkd kinds achilles heel.

158966[/snapback]

At the same time I think perception only has so much of an impact since anyone can read or look at something and if you see no mistakes or flaws in a line of reasoning whatsoever despite looking at as many points of view as possible while still seeing nothing that finds contradictions in it, then perhaps you've found an element of truth. I guess I'm saying that while what we see is largely affected by our perceptions we can still find truth by how uncontradictable something is.