xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ramon

Scrollbar On The Left is it possible??

Hello all,I would like to know if it is possible to place the scrollbar on the left side of my page instead of the right side??And if so, what is the code for this? (eg scroll="left" or something like that?)I hope this is possible and thanx in advance.

um, I don't know about php or anything, but if you're willing to use style sheets, I can help you a bit.

Just after the <head> tag put this:

<style type="text/css">direction:rtl;</style>

Of course, with the style sheet, you can add all bunches of stuff to make it easier, but otherwise, I don't know how to do the left side scrollbar. But uh, this does work. >_>

If youre gonna implement the left scrollbar, do realize that visitors wont think its ease of use, because since most people have right hand mouses, they automatically rather have right scrollbars

Just curious, why would you need it on the left in the first place? Isn't right just as good?

I don't think this is possible. And it doesn't sound usefull. On the right is normal and it's the first place were I'm looking for a scrollbar, so why putting it on the left? :):)

Well, I wanted it on the left because I think it will look beter on the layout of my site, I dont realy have another reason for wanting to do this. Well maybe just to know how to do this.But you lot are absolutely correct when saying that it is unusual and unlogical to place it on the other side. Well, I'll think it over once more and maybe think of something else to do to fix this.

nedd this 2Scrollbar On The Left

Hi!

I want scrollbar on the left side, because that is more ergonomically. According to the eye-tracking studies most people read from left to right and (what is the case) click in the F or E pattern manner. Implication of this is very simple - they had mouse cursor mostly on the left side of the screen.

Left Scrollbar?Scrollbar On The Left

I play a lot of online poker and do a lot of online writing. My right wrist and arm are very sore from years of use(carpal tunnel?). I put the mouse and pad on the left side of my screen so I could use my left wrist and arm for a while until my right one gets better, if ever. It's awkward, but it seems to help.I too would like the scrollbar on the left side so I don't have to repeatably slide across my 23 inch screen to scroll.

Replying to (G)

-reply by Terrence "VP Pappy" Murphy