xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bostwik

Question

If I get 10 credits, and apply for a host, will I lose all my credits, or will it be possible to upgrade later, without having to start over again?And also, to get a .com name with this hosting, do you have to pay, is it free, or use your own?

Edited by Bostwik (see edit history)

If I get 10 credits, and apply for a host, will I lose all my credits, or will it be possible to upgrade later, without having to start over again?And also, to get a .com name with this hosting, do you have to pay, is it free, or use your own?

You earn your 10 or 30 credits and apply for hosting. If approved, then your hosting credits will be reset to 3. So, it is generally better to post a few more good posts and get your 30 credits then apply for the regular hosting package instead of trying to upgrade. However, you must be sure that your posts are of a decent length and quality. 1 and 2 line posts are considered spam here and will be deleted as such. Post deleted = credits reduced!

You lose 1 credit per day that you are hosted so if you are approved for hosting today and your credits are reset to 3, then you only have three days of hosting... You will need to continue to post to keep your credits above 0!

We do not do domain name registration with your hosting! You will need to purchase the domain of your choice on your own. Here is a list of places you can register a domain including .com's:
Xisto - Web Hosting Domain Registration - Owned by the same company as Xisto
Go Daddy Domain Registration Service - A very popular and inexpensive registrar.
Network Solutions - The original domain registration for the United Stated.

You may use an Xisto subdomain name of your choice for free!
For example:
bostwik.astahost.com
vujsa.astahost.com
sillyfools.astahost .com
whateveryouwant.astahost.com

I hope this answers your questions,

vujsa

Just to reiterate, go for the 30 if you think you'll want it. It won't take you much extra time and really is worth it since its such a small extra effort for a substantial boost in package contents. As long as your posting at a solid rate and your posts have decent content you'll hit 30 in no time and have no trouble keeping your account active with credits after that.

Yes and please when you get the 30 credits needed , stop posting till you get your account approved or denied.The reason-if you carry on posing and gaining credits they will be wiped off your account if your account is approved.I know I lost around 20 credits when I got accepted for hosting.But as soon as you do get approved I would suggest building up a store of credits to see you through any potential problems, a good rule of thumb is to have at least ten credits in your account at all times as a reserve for holiday times etc...