xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jbitkill

Astahost Review it rulez

well, after being here for like 4hrs, i am proud to be here. the community is excellent and i would offer any help.positives:excellent servicepay by credits (post for free so you not paying)file types (maybe all of them)negatives:none :-)THIS SITE IS THE BESTXXXX-JOZH-XXXX

Edited by jbitkill (see edit history)

*chuckles* A nice, detailed review there. ;)But yeah, I've never had a problem with Xisto, and even if I didn't have hosting here the forums themselves are worth it for the little bits of info and general chat. I don't think I've ever had to worry about hosting credits, simply because I post here enough as it is.As this seems to be a review thread, anyone care to mention any positive/negative aspects of Xisto, other than the fact that "it rulez"? ;)

I'll admit it's sometimes a bit slow... (on the hosting end)... although it's still my top pick for free hosting sites.... ever since I switched back to free when I overdrew heavily upon my bank account... and there do seem to be an abundance of noobs scurrying around posting this or that half-baked tutorial... but aside from that, I like it here... perhaps though... I could post a bit more often, as I've less than 100 posts in... almost 3 years lol... luckily i wasn't hosting until earlier this year... as I have in the past gone absent for 30+ days on end...How hilarious it would be to have like -500 posting credits : )

I do notice that there are many 'I like and I love Xisto' reviews out there! I think on a few of them I was doing dainty little yes I really do like Xisto too responses. But really, I didn't actually say the yays and nays of the site. So here are a few pros and cons of what I think of the site...

PROS

Free of course

Easy access to anything on site

Professionalism in forums

Nice atmosphere

CONS

Lack of flair with topics

Unprofessional post comments (by a few uncaring members)

It is early here in NC this morning, so I am thinking that my opinions and how I am posting them may be a little off... but you can get the idea. As a whole I think that Xisto has what it takes to make a huge impact on the web... And kudos to those involved to make it was it is today... Not meaning to be sappy, just simply and humbly appreciative.

Thanks,

- skedad -

I do notice that there are many 'I like and I love Xisto' reviews out there! I think on a few of them I was doing dainty little yes I really do like Xisto too responses. But really, I didn't actually say the yays and nays of the site. So here are a few pros and cons of what I think of the site...

PROS

Free of course

Easy access to anything on site

Professionalism in forums

Nice atmosphere

CONS

Lack of flair with topics

Unprofessional post comments (by a few uncaring members)

It is early here in NC this morning, so I am thinking that my opinions and how I am posting them may be a little off... but you can get the idea. As a whole I think that Xisto has what it takes to make a huge impact on the web... And kudos to those involved to make it was it is today... Not meaning to be sappy, just simply and humbly appreciative.

Thanks,

- skedad -

yes i would agree with this.

It looks like they have taken a lot of time and care into creating this forum as i have yet to see one spelling mistake of grammar related error in anything posted or created by someone in the administrative team. The atmosphere of this forum is outstanding it has a special feel to it. Its very friendly and warming.

But sadly there are a few twisted members out there who are just looking for some hosting but this really cant be prevented. All we can do is come down hard on them when they do slip up and hopefully they will grow up and learn that random spam posts aren't acceptable around here. Although there is a huge range of sections to post in, its often hard to find something to post about as its already been done three hundred times before and your often flamed if you post another post like it.

I think as long as the posts have different content and opinions but the theme is generally related it should be accepted as everyone is entitled to an opinion and we shouldn't be punished for this.

But hey, thats just my two cents worth.

Kind Regards

- Karmen

But sadly there are a few twisted members out there who are just looking for some hosting but this really cant be prevented. All we can do is come down hard on them when they do slip up and hopefully they will grow up and learn that random spam posts aren't acceptable around here. Although there is a huge range of sections to post in, its often hard to find something to post about as its already been done three hundred times before and your often flamed if you post another post like it.

Really? Hmm. I don't get the impression that people get flamed for posting something that has already been posted before (for instance, there were several people who posted threads about Gmail or Firefox and none of them were flamed). However, I myself do feel it's kind of awkward to post stuff that has already been mentioned before. It feels kind of pointless to mention the same things over and over again, but I do agree that it's difficult to consistently have new things to talk about.
The posts that I find annoying are usually pointless tutorials. Although I don't usually complain directly to a tutorial maker, I have to say that a lot of the submitted tutorials are very, very simple ones, ones that can easily be found. They're not particularly interesting, and some of them look like they were put together at the last minute and still have a variety of mistakes in them. Also, I know that moderators are supposed to look over tutorials before they are posted, so technically the quality of the tutorials should be higher. However, I find that most tutorials I see look like paraphrases of some other tutorial on the web. This way, the user can post their paraphrase and not get nailed for copying directly.

In any case, I can usually deal with unprofessional posts pretty well, since I'm used to going on forums where the posts are far more unprofessional than those here. Granted, the spelling and grammar there is top-notch; it's just not as serious as it is here. I do like a lot of the posts here--especially the ones that make an attempt to explain things. :-)

Well, after a few days since I got the host, I am trying to be online most of the time and trying to find relevant topics to reply or to post on. I have registered in the forums a few months ago and I didnt bother whether to post or not. Now that I am obligated to do so, wheeew! its been a soul searching adventure just to find something worth posting and not spamming or what...

You have to give more credit for this... ^_^

As for the service, I am still getting familiar with the new things I see that my previous free hosting doesn't have.. As for now, its really pretty neat! I just love all the nice stuff present that I dont see from the other hosters.

Edited by dewslat (see edit history)

Of course there are alot of "I love Xisto" posts because it's a really good service! It is difficult, however, to always find topic to post about. I don't really know of too much flaming that goes on around here, and everyone seems very accomodating when you ask questions. There must be some way to validate the intent of the posters who might just be innocently replying or creating topics. I understand that there are people from different countries posting on this forum, so what might be seen as unnecessary to some people might actually be useful to others. I think that whoever runs this forum does a grea job in keeping it a fun place for people to discuss topics. Of course I do... else I wouldn't be posting here. Best, Trinifawk