xisto Community
Xnet

Advanced Network Questions

I am running a wireless router. I connect my computer. I plug in my lan connected to a wired router. wired router is connected to anther computer.How can I get the internet to work for the last computer? Cross-over cables don't like my computers which is why im using a router. I just haven't been able to figure this out. Thanx for any help.

Notice from vizskywalker:
Please check your posts for spelling mistakes

;) can be a bit more clear ? From what I read, you have 2 routers connected to each other, which is kinda useless and probably causes nothing but problems. You should try connecting your computer directly to the wireless router.Please give a bit more info about the settings (ie . IP-adress from the router(s) and the computer(s))

Yea, if you have multiple computers connected to a single router, and that router has some type of connection to the external internet, then you should be able to have internet access to all computers on that router, as well as have a LAN set up internally without any problem whatsoever. If you DO have two routers connected together for some reason, lose one and make sure your internet account info is entered properly and see if that helps.

So is there anyway to use 1 computer as an "achor" for the internet? I have gotten mixed succes with a tunneling program but not total access. I was trying to find out how to broadcast the internet throught this smaller home network instead of all the time plus the other comp isn't/can't be set up for wifi. And the second router generaly only for those two computers. Thanx again.