xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sierrad

Tekken 5 Demo (my Impressions)

I have recently got my hands on a demo of Tekken 5, and I am going to let you know what I think.I noticed that the game plays faster than Tekken 4, but it is slower than Soul Calibur 2. I had a choice of two characters and they were Raven and Asuka. The demo only featured two playable characters, but other fighters are to be seen in pre-played battles. The level of design of the characters were excellent... I could not have believed that a "Work in Progress Demo" that was released in 2004, had such stunning character designs.Asuka had more of a fight as she had the combo moves. Raven has his powerful moves, but he could not pull them off in a sequence, like I did with Asuka. Funny enough, the demo had english and japanese dialogue. Some of the characters that I saw fighting spoke english and some were talking in japanese.The level of design that was put into the stages that the characters fought in was unbelievable. As characters were fighting... objects, fog, and weather could all be seen in the background. When a character is hit to the ground, parts of the ground actually break when the character falls "smack-bang" into the ground.While at the title screen, you can wait fifteen seconds and a pre-played fight will show up on the screen. As you get quite a few characters in the "demo fights" there will be alot of battles that you can watch. I saw a few characters a few times, and at all different times, they were wearing different costumes. I saw characters such as:Bryan Fury - reminds me of Wolverine.Nina - she's a babe. I saw two of her costumes.Yoshimitsu - his second costume kicks ***.Julia - panty girl :) Law - Bruce Lee fighter.King - he looked scary.Marduck - he looked awesome with his second costume.Feng Wei - his second costume is very very awesome. Red Tuxedo :) I saw a few other characters fighting, but I must say that the pre-played battles are not that great. The AI was not that great with two computer programmed players fighting. But it is awesome to see how the character designs are coming along.I must say again, that I was very surprised at the graphics of this demo, as it was released last year, and was not the full design.Overall, I was very impressed with the demo and I will give it a 7.8/10.0 score.I really cannot wait to get the full game with all the full features.

Could you show us some tekken 5 demo screenshots? I loved tekken 2 on my playstation 1, though I haven't played it for a very long time. Maybe this will get me interested in consoles again :)

i'm thinking about getting Tekken 5 but i'm not that sure becuase i dont really play fighting games all that much and i think that if i buy it i'll not play it and it'll have been a waste of money. I rented Tekken 4 a while ago and it was OK but i got bored of it quite quickly

Well it

Tekken 5 Demo (my Impressions)

Hi I'm Elise I got a bit bored of it to but it wasn't all that boring because you get fight a lot of differen't people! So you can beet them every time if you are that good.

-reply by Elise Zeman