xisto Community
vizskywalker

Interesting Directsound Capture Device Issue

So, I'm trying to create a utility in C# that reads input from the microphone and draws the wav that is being recorded. Interestingly, though, I have three device shown in my Capture Device enumeration. The first is the apparently default or stub or something device. This device never actually gets input in. The second device is my USB webcam with microphone, this microphone claims to have no functionality. The third is my sound card. This device works. Now the weird issue is that if the only microphone I have connected is my USB webcam, then trying to read in sound from the microphone still fails, but the sound card device accurately records the incoming sound. Any ideas as to why this might be? Camera is a Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision.~Viz

Are you using Vista or XP?

In Vista, the audio system was rewritten and DirectSound was deprecated in favour of XAudio2 and OpenAL ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectSound

DirectSound is currently emulated on Windows software mixer... so that can be creating problems for you. I know some old games won't work because of this issue. Your software might be getting this same problem since you're trying to do a hardware capture.

xboxrulz

Hi! Nurse wages new jersey program disease management nurse, nurse accredited midwifery nurse. Continuing education texas alabama cna texas nursing schools university nursing degree autonomy nursing nursing schools in connecticut dental programs, community health nurse registered nurse schools. Certified nurse assistant certification practical nursing classes night work.
P.S. I like my nursing assistant.