xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Have You Ever...? liked a website that....

my old host's site was rather crappy, getting 404's all the time, loads of adverts, bad CSS and i can go on.
The reason i liked it was because of the hosting and the hosting package, this was on a differant server and the Control Panel
represented something like Cpanel X (it was something else, he probably made it)

-The hosting server never went down
-I had 1GB of space
-I had Unlimited Bandwidth
-I had unlimited SQL DBs
-It had the basic server-side scripting languages (PHP, ASP ect)

i reckon most of the efforts were put into the actual service rather than the website itself

When I was younger I liked one like that. It had 90 million pop ups when you visited it, and the ads would spam you all over the page. The links were animated with flash and when you wanted to go to a different page, the links would lag you. But, then again, I just liked going there for the new updates and stuff.

In my opinion Hotmail is one of the worst sites compared to how popular it is. I don't get it how they can force effects on you or make it so when you log in you get 404 half the time and the other half the time the cookies don't store correctly forcing you to login twice. Maybe I am the only one experiencing these problems but I get the errors on multiple computers on all web browsers. I also prefer non-flash websites and sites that don't use too much java script. Yahoo’s new mail is like this and runs real slow on my computer. Is it just me or even computers a few years old getting outdated for even the basic internet?

I agree that Yahoo! Mail has caused me come connection trouble recently in the past year or so but Hotmail is working great for me. Windows Live Hotmail is the second-best webmail service next to Google Mail. The full version works on Internet Explorer and Firefox and it works great! The only problem with the cookies that I have is with Safari where I must delete the appropriate Windows Live cookies sometimes. Other than that, Hotmail is great!!

That's some exaggeration, FirefoxRocks!

But yes, I believe most of us 'ripe' internet users have visited such a website for reasons of their own. The last time I recall doing that is 'cause one of my colleagues quoted me 'the only' website to get some relatively out-dated (all regards to current supersonic trends to bilateral change) stuff. You do expect loads of 404 errors ("damn, dead end!") on such old, rusty sites which are either hosted free (with ADs) or are owned by someone who doesn't care about the (obliviously meager, for him) hosting costs he keeps paying for it. Nonetheless, if you're desperate for that something and have been told that this is the only stinking website on the entire WWW that hosts it, then you would take the effort to find it (and instinctively more to snap out of it as soon as you grab hold, and make a point to comment about your visit to your referrer!).

The other day I came across a site that had all its links configured to open in new windows! Thanks to Firefox, they just counted more tabs, but that is something you'd never want. Imagine the side-navigation links opening up new tabs and clotting your browser to more smudged pages of the insane website!

But the truth remains, that its the World Wide Web. There're good sites, and there are bad sites. And there are sites like these (!) If they've got what you're looking for, you gotta stand it all!

Edited by Omkar™ (see edit history)