xisto Community
Steven9088

Newsit Web Host Review

newsit[dot]es
These Guys I've Been With, Were Nice, But the pages would load so SLOW! Here's There Server Specs:

* 20 GB Web Space: Premium space for your websites * Intel Xeon Servers: 15 GHZ Quad Core Servers
* PHP 5: Latest Version of PHP
* FTP: With CHMOD enabled
* Live support: Always here to help!
* Your Domain: You can host your own domain here!
* 300GB Bandwidth: A lot of traffic? Host here!
* MySQL 5: 5 Databases Per User
* 99.5% Uptime: With stats to prove it -
* Price: FREE! No Pop-Ups or SPAM
* yourdomain.newsit.es

Now When I Said The Pages Load Slow Right? Well You Can Speed It Up By Going On The Forums At talknewsit[dot]es and Collecting Coins. Then Get SuperPages, It Will Speed It Up By 5 to 10 times more!

I Like These Guys Pretty Good, But Now I Found AstaHosting!

Data Collected From Newsit.es
Edited by BuffaloHELP
Removed live links by BH (see edit history)

OK, they are really slow, but they give you a lot of space, it's fully free, and I verified that effectively there are no ads.
There is currently a memory limitations, so with 4image gallery you cannot automatically generate the thumbnails, except if your pictures are rather small (800*600 max).
So, no money to give, no need to post for being host, I find it acceptable.
Moreover, they have really performant systems :

* Intel Xeon Servers: 15 GHZ Quad Core Servers

These are really new servers ! I even never heard of them ! Unless they mistyped your main page, having 1.5 GHZ real systems instead of the announched 15HGZ servers !
Regards
Yordan

Well Actually Quad Cores Are 4 CPU's In One! So If It Was 1.5 GHZ Times That By 4! So There Actually Are Quad Core Servers That Are 15 GHZ. But They Are Really Expensive! I Would Like To Show You A Quad Core CPU That Is 3.75 GHZ (Remember Times That By 4!) But I'm Not Really Allowed To Post Links Here! It's Really Nice Though! Too Bad Intel Are The Only Ones That Are Currently Making Quad Cores. I Wonder What AMD Is Up To. :blink:P.S I've Never Heard Of a 1.5 GHZ Quad Core Processor.

Well Actually Quad Cores Are 4 CPU's In One! So If It Was 1.5 GHZ Times That By 4! So There Actually Are Quad Core Servers That Are 15 GHZ. But They Are Really Expensive! I Would Like To Show You A Quad Core CPU That Is 3.75 GHZ (Remember Times That By 4!) But I'm Not Really Allowed To Post Links Here!

Please ! Of course you are allowed to post links here !Links are not accepted in the shoutbox (see why here http://forums.xisto.com/topic/92893-topic/?findpost=1064368291 ), but links are welcome in the posts.
Moreover, talking about the forum rules, if the info you are talking about is somewhere on the web, you are kindly asked to put the concerned link inside your post. This is, first for completeness, just in case somebody would like more info ; and secondly it's for honesty, if you talk about something's work you should mention your sources ; and third, concerning this forum, posting the link inside your post proves that you are not trying to plagiarize, and that you are using your own words in order to explain what you are talking about.
By the way, thanks for the info, I did not know that there was a 3.75 GHz quad cpu.
Simply, when I talk about multi-cpu's, I say "four 3.75 GHz processors", I don't say "15 GHz processor".
Same way, here at work I am using AIX systems which have 64 processors, 2 giga each, I say I have a 64-cpu 2Hz machine, I don't say that I have a 128 GHz machine !