xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Woedi

Enemy Territory Quake Wars

Hi,Is anyone here going to buy it?Anybody plays the beta version?I'm think gonna buy it, lots of ppl say it's gonna be better than battlefield 2142/2 because it's a combination of Quake and Enemy territory(duh :D )Unfortunaly, it's not freeware, like wolfenstein :o You also can play it with lower computer specs, you can control the gfx/effects yourself, that's a good thing too :blink:

I once tryed to download the beta, but first i had to fill in my system specs, wich where too low, and then they don't allow you to download the beta anymore.I've read the system requirements and actually my pc is just good enought to run the game.Anyway, i'm gonna wait for the demo, i don't think it's worth anymore to play the beta, the game is going to be released within a month.

The Quake type of game doesn't appeal to me half as much as BF2 or the like. Battefield's a bit more tactical than Quake, in my mind. Saying that Unreal Tournament (even the original) are still fantastic to play as part of a team.

I have my eyes on this game, I'll watch it a bit after release.Most likely depends on my mood at launch if I fancy endulging myself in another multiplayer FPS, it's been a while since battlefield :blink:. But ET: Quake Wars definitely seems to provide a nice product, and it's not from EA.

The Quake type of game doesn't appeal to me half as much as BF2 or the like. Battefield's a bit more tactical than Quake, in my mind. Saying that Unreal Tournament (even the original) are still fantastic to play as part of a team.

How can you rate a game that fast, that low? Don't you get it? It's a combination of let's say, battlefield and quake, from a different creator! How can you compare the gameplay of a game you played, with the one of a game you've only heared of...

How can you rate a game that fast, that low? Don't you get it? It's a combination of let's say, battlefield and quake, from a different creator! How can you compare the gameplay of a game you played, with the one of a game you've only heared of...

Simply because I know what sort of game I like. I'm far more the tactical-FPS sort of guy, so Quake never was my sort of game. Adding Quake to a pretty good Battlefield setup just taints it, in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fussed about the realism of taking 20 bullets to the chest and still walking, I just don't like the playstyle. Add to that the fact that I'm playing far more interesting games (PlanetSide, for instance), and I don't see the need to get something that'll be less fun to play than what I've already got. :blink: