xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yusri

Moving And Adding Shortcuts To Your Start Menu Tutorial for newbies

Do you have lots of programs in programs menu? and want a quick click solution?... so you don't have to chase down the program on the Programs Menu!For the example I'll use Notepad.Click on start->programs->Accessories and direct to Notepad and hold the left mouse button. Keep holding it, and move it to the area above the "Programs" and you'll see a dark "bar" appear. Slide the icon up and down, and the bar moves up and down. Release the mouse button, and the icon is now on Start Menu.And if you want desktop item to be add on Start Menu, use tutorial below.Using the left mouse button, click on an icon and drag it from the Desktop (your main screen) and hold it over the Start button for a couple of seconds. You'll see the Start Menu open up.Keep holding the left mouse button down, and move the icon up to the area above the "Programs". You'll see a dark "bar" appear. Release the mouse button, and the icon that was on the Desktop is now on the Start Menu.Have fun learning :)

Haha,

Nice little tut, Ill add a bit

If you have many programs you wish to put in one new folder (in my example we will use Applications with my HD=C:/) This is also WinXP tutorial material!

Step 1:

=>go to my computer

=>then to your main HD C:/

=>then to your documents and settings folder C:/Documents and Settings/

=>then choose your user folder [if its your comp, choose "all Users"]C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/

=>go to the "menu start" folder C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Menu Start/

=>once your there, go to "Programs" folder C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Menu Start/Programs/

=>Youre finally at the place where the real action comes, make a new folder in this map, name it to your desire (in my example we use "Applications")

To check you did it right, go to your start>Programs and see if you see the folder you just created

=>In your new folder (Applications) drag and drop the programs you want in there, in my example, I will put some applications in the folder

=>In my Applications folder, ive dragged Photoshop, Word, Antivirus Software and my AntiSpyware.

If i go to Start>Programs>Applications I can now select any of the applications I just dragged into the folder

I've explained it in great detail, so now it may look harder then it is, but if you try it, you'll see its a matter of seconds to do it, a useful way to make new folders in my start menu :)

not bad but this was always common sence to me, lol which is kinda strange because i really am dumb, but oh well, ill just talk to the wall... lol :)you can also make a toolbar that will pop up on the top/left/right of the screen, make a folder, put some files in it, and then drag the icon all the way to the far left/right/top of the screen and it should dock there.