xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dserban

A Screenshot Of The Most Spyware Infected Pc In The World

Well, some of it is Windows problems, but the majority is just user stupidity. Your house might have a faulty lock on a window, and a burglar gets in through there. It happens. But if you've left the front door open all night, you can expect to have a lot more unwanted guests. A couple years back I was sent this computer to repair, and it wouldn't even boot up, it was so full of stuff. When i finally piggybacked it onto another system and ran NOD32 on it, seriously, there were over 14,000 viruses, malware, spyware, adware and what have you. The guy had no firewall or antivirus on his system, and he had been running it for about a year and a half. There you have a classic case of user stupidity.

I have to to say that is one messed up computer regardless if someone got bored, due to the fact that the RAM must get eaten up just within a few minutes of that browser being started. Although I used most of the services that browser is displaying I never bothered installing those plug in, especially when the spyware and adware were trying to installing those stupid things. As other people mentioned that it was done on purpose just to see what it would look like after having all that junked installed onto someone's computer.

Bonzi Buddy?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonzi_Buddy
One of the worst pieces of spyware.

"Spyware isn't such a threat?" I beg to disagree. It can be a threat to your social life if you have a lot of contacts in your Yahoo messenger list and there a piece of spyware running on your PC without your knowledge bulk-sending an instant message like "hey sexy" (or even nastier) to all your contacts without your approval, of course.

I would agree spyware would be a threat to your computer life, just not your real life, although I somewhat remember that purple monkey think I installed it back in the Win 98/Win ME days I soon un-installed as to why I did install can't remember. but I am glad I did. I would also agree back in the dark ages of computers, 1990s of course :blink:. everyone was somewhat stupid in the computer technology, don't claim you knew what you were when you were installing something you though was cool, but in fact was a lethal in its own little way.

That must be a annoying machine, popups/ads. I wonder how much CPU/memory/virtual page file resources that went in to running all of those. If I did that, I would say "Don't try this at any computer unless you want be hacked"xxxx-jozh-xxxx

This is the kind of thing that the Format command would be perfect for. The best thing would be to just start over. It would also be another way to see how much more could be added for the second attempt to load up the rest of the spyware that wasn't able to be added the first time around. If a person was so crazy to add it in the first place, they might be crazy enough to do it all again. After all experience is a good teacher.Stupidity begets stupidity.

That is one hell of a infected PC! There's MyWebSearch and the lot, especially Internet Explorer. So people, don't use Internet Explorer for the sake of your data. But a better thing, don't use Windows! That is a virus killer I tell you.xxxx-jozh-xxxxVirus ReportsWindows: Its uses BITS to transfer virus and runs as soon they're downloaded.Linux: It downloaded and said, this is not Windows! But, it did not execute the file.So use Linux for security and Windows for, well. C++

Whos, a seriously-infected PC. Same as you guys, I am really happy that the mentioned computer is not mine :rolleyes:A lot of stupid toolbars that we never use are in their and the "real" space for Internet is way too small. Opps, I don't want to think about it.The best way to solve the problem would be formatting the hardware and start all over again, I believe even the best security software can't battle against that many spywares.

I'm warning you guys about these spyware/rootkit that infected my system 2 days ago. Rootkits are really hard to exterminate considering the fact that it is hidden in windows/system32 folders. The rootkit is called wintems.com and executes during boot up into many executables running in the background such as hdlrrr.exe, 123546.exe, 136587.exe, etc.!

Here's my screenshot when I scan my PC with 5 antivirus and anti-spyware apps: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The filename is associated with the malware group Trojan.Spambot.Some files using the name WINTEMS.EXE are also associated with the malware groups:

* Worm.Beagle.DZ
* Trojan.Mitglieder

These files have no vendor, product or version information specified in the file header.
WINTEMS.EXE has been seen to perform the following behavior(s):

* The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process
* This Process Deletes Other Processes From Disk
* This Process Creates Other Processes On Disk
* Executes a Process
* Adds Products to the system registry
* Adds a Registry Key (RUN) to auto start Programs on system start up
* Creates a TCP port which listens and is available for communication initiated by other computers
* Can communicate with other computer systems using HTTP protocols
* Sends email using SMTP protocols
* Registers a Dynamic Link Library File
* Makes outbound connections to other computers using NETBIOSOUT protocols
* Modifies the Windows Host File which could be used to stop you visiting specific web sites by redirecting you to alternative addresses without you knowing
* Writes to another Process's Virtual Memory (Process Hijacking)
* Enables the system to use a Communications Proxy Server

When I was reading the topic, I thought the screenshot would have been worse, but having so much in your browser, you don't really have capability to browse the web, quite funny, someone doesn't know what to do and how to spend his time or maybe he does? and did this stuff..

Can't really understand how ppl mess up so seriously with their gear

This is what I usually get when using the default IE that attracts much of the dirt. One thing I usually do is never install software in typical mode. For example, Yahoo.. seems like a nice legit company, yah! with all the toolbars on, thats the start, then goes google, winamp and all other toolbars! man, by that time, we will never know who's who put who. I mean who needs it? Whats a toolbar for for such a lot of lame people on a lame company. I like mine on slackware but on windows, I get this new google chrome beta.. very neat and clean browser. By the way, I got a lot of friends were spyware are like pets on their laptops. What a waste of money upgrading for memories that seems the problem never been solved. Better try reformat everything. I reformat mine twice a year for this.

oh my goodness. The number of toolbars in that screenshot is scary! The browser is so overloaded you can't even use it anymore. Quite funny to look at actually. Perhaps not if that was my computer (crosses fingers).