xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vyoma

Digital Painting Of A Tree Using Gimp (screen capture video)

i didnt think the gimp could actually do anything good.at first it just looks like a mess but then it comes along well.nice job, video is still playing.

Wow! That's awesome. I see that you used a tablet to draw the picture, which would explain how you got the painting to look like an actual painting instead of something drawn with a mouse. Also, what version of GIMP do you use with Windows Vista? ...You must have a lot of patience to draw that. Good job.

Wow, that looks really cool....I am watching the video now to see how you did all of that....

Wish I was able to do stuff like that though...

Hey thanks .:Brian:.

i didnt think the gimp could actually do anything good.

at first it just looks like a mess but then it comes along well.

nice job, video is still playing.

Yes Sten. GIMP has a reputation for that. But I think it is just a matter of familiarity. Use it for doing one or two artworks, and then a workflow that is optimal for you will naturally get sorted out. :P

Wow! That's awesome. I see that you used a tablet to draw the picture, which would explain how you got the painting to look like an actual painting instead of something drawn with a mouse. Also, what version of GIMP do you use with Windows Vista?

...You must have a lot of patience to draw that. Good job.

I am not sure which version it is. I just had downloaded the latest one some time back.

Let me check. OK. It is GIMP 2.2. The thing is - I am not concerned about the version. Most of the tools I use for digital painting were there - brushes, smudge, blend, and eraser. That is about it. Since I do not use any other filters or plugins, it does not matter much what version I use. :P

Yes, tablet helps a bit. But basically we need just lots of practice. For illustration, I posted another of my character digital painting here. That was done majorly with mouse.

Thanks all.

im no good at "digital" painting, or normal painting for that matter, but, im really good at pixel art (pixel by pixel clicking), and just paint works great for that.i never use brushes in any program, photoshop, gimp, paint.net, paint, any of them things ive ever used.it would be nice to learn though :P

Wow, it's amazing! :P
And a good tutorial too! :P

Thank you Prash. :P

im no good at "digital" painting, or normal painting for that matter, but, im really good at pixel art (pixel by pixel clicking), and just paint works great for that.
i never use brushes in any program, photoshop, gimp, paint.net, paint, any of them things ive ever used.

it would be nice to learn though :P

Yup - I was involved in Pixel Art for some time. But then, things happened in life - I moved on from art, and when I came back, I started digital painting. :P