xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ozy1405241548

Zoo Tycoon 2

Yo guys does any body play ZT2? I play it and it's the best game on earth. If you play zoo empire you should at least download the trial version of ZT2 here. Also it has 4 expansion packs and i have them all you can get The Engendered Species trial here and The Marine Mania Trial here
For More info please click here(zootycoon2 Site.) :P

I haven't played the zoo series but I assume I would like it well enough. I enjoy all those tycoon style games in short bursts, but I have never liked one near enough to say its the best game on earth :P None of them are deep enough for me, play a few times and you can get the hang of it and then basically the game loses its challenge, at least to me, and thus loses the fun factor.Glad you enjoy it though and I may check it out some day, I actually have almost borrowed it before just never got around to it haha.

I haven't played the zoo series but I assume I would like it well enough. I enjoy all those tycoon style games in short bursts, but I have never liked one near enough to say its the best game on earth :P None of them are deep enough for me, play a few times and you can get the hang of it and then basically the game loses its challenge, at least to me, and thus loses the fun factor.
Glad you enjoy it though and I may check it out some day, I actually have almost borrowed it before just never got around to it haha.

You should play the game. Its quite a nice game. Played Zoo Tycoon 1 and it was like quite a few years back. By the way, don't think that we still can play those game on current computer specs. The game will be fast forward.. If you know what I meant. :P

Is it that old? I thought zoo tycoon was in the windows xp era?...

No.. I can't be wrong. I played it and it was a few years back. Hmmm.. anyway didn't really played simulator or any other computer games anymore, now the heat is on MMORPG.. :P

Edited: it was Railway Tycoon that I've played. You are right. :P
Edited by kelvinmaki (see edit history)

Ohhh I remember that game. Its been such a long time since I have played it. :P I remember my uncle got it for me for Christmas and I would make a park that filled up the whole map, I would save my game and than just take the bulldozer and delete all the cages and stores in one BIG sweep and than blockade the entrance. XD All the animals would be going crazy and my millions of guest would be running around screaming getting eaten by the dinosaurs.I had a few expansion packs for the game like the Marine one with the water animals or whatever. :P Those were the good days. I have no idea where the CD's for it went though so I don't play it anymore. You make me wanna go out and re-buy the game. :P

Is it that old? I thought zoo tycoon was in the windows xp era?...

hey! i love the windows xp era! and the game is GREAT. They also have alot of other great games as well, so quit doggin on XP. :P

Just to clarify, anything in the windows xp era would run fine, thats why I asked haha. I didn't mean to imply that the 'xp era' was a bad thing. I just figured it was recent enough to run fine on current systems

I only like these types of games in short ammounts of play time, they get boring very quickly. On each challenge or level you are basically doing the same thing and have the same goal. Plus there are other games that suit my gaming style more like shooters and mmorpgs.It's an alright game in conclusion it just gets boring fast. It's one of those games that i usually play when my internet is down.-HellFire

This is horribly off topic, but I have to comment: Saying a genre is boring because you do the same thing over and over, but saying you like mmorpg's is hypocritical to an insane degree :P How many fetch quests can you do before its repetative? hahaBut I still agree, the best of these builder sim games are the ones that are super intricate so it at least takes a lot of time to get used to everything and to explore all aspects of the game and how everything interacts, etc.

I have played Zoo Tycoon before (forgot if it's part one or two). Didn't like it much. Spent time on the tutorials and still didn't find it entertaining.I started with Rollercoaster Tycoon and loved that game. I still go back and play it from time to time. Monopoly Tycoon is another one but I found it to easy to beat the entire game. Always go back for more anyway...because it's Monopoly :P

was going to resist getting Zoo Tycoon 2, having recently being disappointed by the update of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (which is NOT an improvement). I am, however, a simulation/strategy game addict--and I am happy to report that I don't regret giving in to the impulse to buy Zoo Tycoon 2.The original version of this game was not one of my favorites. I found changing little squares of landscape and mending fences rather tedious for long term game play, not to mention only having income from entrance fees and food/drinks keeping my bank account in a permanent decline, and visitors loosing interest in the exhibits too quickly.WHY THIS VERSION IS BETTER:* 3D Animation - I tend not to care much about graphics in general, however these graphics are quite well done, and you can zoom in quite close to observe the animals. You can also click on any animal and find out what it's doing at any given moment.* Photo Safari - In certain scenarios and challenge games, you can earn awards by taking pictures of specific events. Switching to a digital camera style view, you may have to take a snapshot of two animals, or an animal running, etc.* Interactive Mode - You can switch to guest view, and walk around your park, getting a close-up view. Further, you can play caretaker and clean up after animals (and guests), clean animals and fill food dishes yourself.* Donations/Income - Guests continue to visit all exhibits as the game progresses, and contribute donations at each exhibit. The more interesting the exhibit, the more they donate (they like biomes: exhibits in which the terrain, plants, rocks and animals are all appropriate to one another).* Guest/Animal Detail - Similar to Roller Coaster Tycoon, you can view each guest or animal's specific needs, discovering which are fulfilled and which are not. You can also view lists of this information that can be organized by any category (which animals are pregnant, which guests most need a bathroom, etc.)* Responsive Guests - In the previous versions, guests nearly dying of thirst would walk right by a soda stand complaining. Now they form lines (though they'll whine if the line is too long) or give an opinion ("I want something other than soda.")* Atmosphere - Part of your score depends on the appearance of your zoo. Guests will get unhappy without fountains, arches and bouncy kangaroo rides to keep them entertained (and you'll get a message if too many of them are dissatisfied).* Zoo Rating/Progress - As your zoo improves, so does your rating, unlocking more objects and animals.* Exhibit Design - As with the previous version, you paint exhibits with appropriate terrain and fill them with the right vegetation for the animal. However, you paint in broad strokes, rather than micromanaging every square. Also, you don't pay for the change of terrain, which keeps the costs of building an exhibit much more manageable.* Gifts to Wear - There's a different gift for each animal, and guests will buy those relating to animals they've seen in your zoo. You might see them walking around with moose antlers on their heads or peacock backpacks.* No Broken Fences: The fences no longer deteriorate, so animals only escape if you use the wrong kind of fence, and predators will not kill other animals. Guests will still flee from escaped animals, however.*Animal Adoption: No longer can you purchase unlimited flamingoes or tigers. A limited number and variety of animals are available at a time, the higher your zoo rating, the more species available and the more options you have. You can choose to pass on adopting a species, and it will be replaced by a random other species after some time that isn't already an option (but each level only makes certain species available, you need to earn 5 stars to get the rarest animals).* Specified Research: Rather than having to research several things you don't want to get the one you do, you can choose the specific object you want to research next for a set fee. Objects available for research expand with your zoo rating.WHAT IT LACKS:* Number of Scenarios: I've had the game less than a week, and have already beaten most of the campaign scenarios. However, there are many challenge games still to be played. No doubt an expansion pack is already in the works to fix this.* Number of Animals: There are only 30 different animals, mostly the same as those found in the previous version. However, there is a wide variety: for instance you have one species of tiger, one of elephant, etc. I imagine there will be an expansion pack to supplement this, too.* Limited Initial Animal Choice: You always start out with the same three (Moose, Peacock and Camel) and need to establish them before more are made available, which gets a bit tiresome when you play a number of scenarios.BOTTOM LINE: A family-friendly game, I'd say this is one of the best simulation games of 2004 (and I've played a lot of them). Easy enough for kids to play, but entertaining enough for adults. If you're a fan of Rollercoaster Tycoon or SimCity, this is an excellent choice.