xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lefioda

Ms Flight Simulator X Flight simulator x

you like this game?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen it looks rather spectacular! I wasn't up for downloading the huge trial that they had on their website (something along the lines of 800MB) at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/!

I saw some screenshots of the game in action and it looked really realistic! Though, that was most probably with the graphics quality at full running on a speedy computer!

Looking at the specs for the game,

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista

* Processor: 1.0 Ghz

* RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista â 512MB

* Hard Drive: 14GB

* Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible

* Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones

* Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play

it doesn't look like you need the best computer in the world, but im sure if you wanted it to look good, you might want a good CPU and GPU!

I have played this before it's pretty good but my computer barely meats the requirements so I can't play properly. I can say I am the work pilot and this game is good.Minimum System Requirements* Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MET* Processor: 1.0 Ghz~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FAILED* RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MET* Hard Drive: 14GB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FAILED* Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MET* Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones~~~~~~~~~FAILED* Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FAILED

I picked this game up hoping they'd made a lot of improvements since the 2001 version, but alas, I'm not impressed. I have most of the graphics settings on high or ultra high depending on what makes my computer give me a decent frame rate, but the textures of the ground are all wonky looking if I'm either too high up or too close to the ground. You can go into the world map and set your altitude, and I found that the highest you can go is 100 million feet in the air, which I tried, but the game was rather glitchy but I could see the world below me and that was pretty cool.The one thing that irks me about flight simulators is that you spend all that time on a video game flying around, and you're not really going anywhere... You fly from one side of the country to another.... takes you hours and hours, and you land.... Then you have nothing to do but take off again. I see this new version has missions, but I'm not good enough a pilot for those yet :)