xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ribz

A Beginner Wanting To Learn How To Make A Web Game

I'm pretty new to html and stuf cuz i dont know it ut i want to make a game like Combatgrounds which is located at http://www.combatgrounds.com/. But i don't know where 2 start so can any1 give me any pointer. Your help will be appreacitaed

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Spelling and grammar are important, as stated in our forum rules, but also part of your membership with Xisto. Refrain from using slangs. "U" "R" smarter than "2" does not mean TO... Topic title must be specific. Modified. Last verbal warning.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Wow, well first off I would recommend making a normal website just to learn the ropes. Creating an online text based game as your first exposure to any html (or more complex 'languages' such as php which you'll need in order to make such a game) is basically asking for trouble. If you bite off more then you can chew you will likely end up accomplishing little or nothing of value and just getting frustrated.Try going to primer and tutorial html sites, going through them slowly, learn the ins and outs of the basics so you have a solid foundation to build off of. Then you can move onto more complex ideas so that as you learn the parts that are complicated you aren't worrying about learning the basics too. This way you can compartmentalize the pieces you need to learn rather then having one huge surge of new things you try to learn and thus potentially attempt too great a feat.It's great to see that you are ambitious, but you must also be realistic :P So yes, to answer your question, my suggestion is to start by learning the basics of html, then php, then mysql (database stuff, which you'll need for such a game) and then build from there.

I suggest you get a trial of flash and try to make one with all if statements in 30 days. If you want it dos based you can learn c++, with c++ u can spend an hour learning it and you will know enough to make a texted based game with all if else statements for free.

well about that

A Beginner Wanting To Learn How To Make A Web Game

I would like it too to have a tutorial too. I have my own website too but I can't convert it to a game unless I know how to do it. If people want to make it, then make a tutorial. Please find a website to make one now. I don't want to pay $400 for some.

-reply by mike