xisto Community
jeremycollins

Cancer Treatment Safe?

Cancer Treatment  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are many people who have been diagnosed with some type of cancer. And many cases are fatal. There is a method to remove cancer from the body. Only to be achieved by cutting the human body and surgically removing the cancer growth. And in most cases, when this is done, the cancer is thought to be gone, however it has actually spread to other parts of the human body. Is this procedure of cancer treatment safe? Another alternative to treating cancer is radiation/chemo therapy. Is exposing the body to amounts of radiation safe? You would think not. Plus, it has a tendency to put you in a lot of sickness and pain. I know from experiences what cancer can do to someone. Scientists need to work a lot harder to come up with a better cure for cancer. They have been working and might be very close. The purpose of this topic is just to see how many people think you can Actually treat cancer. To have it removed by surgical matters or treat it by radiation. Whats your opinion?

Edited by jeremycollins (see edit history)

I think that the problem with scientists working to find a "better cure for cancer" is that the disease comes in so many shapes and sizes, that's it's almost wrong to even call all of them "cancer!"The way you described the two methods of cancer treatment make it sound as if chemotherapy is better, even with all of the side-effects it induces. Cancer is a biological defect, and just removing a sick lump of mass from someone's body does not completely cure cancer. Anyways, with chemotherapy there are more chances for the cancer to completely disappear. The bad things chemotherapy causes are nothing compared to dying of cancer and losing your life!That's just my thoughts on the subject...

My grandmother has (or rather had I should say), bowel cancer (it happens to run on the female side of the family, asthma hits the males, yeah I got asthma, nearly died a multitude of times when I was a kid, if it were not for those noisy *bottom* ventilation machines).Anyway, if I remember correctly, my grandmother never had chemo therapy, she did however nearly die twice in a short period of time, they surgically removed the cancer but it came back, the second time however (as far as anyone knows yet), it is no completely gone for good.I don't know a whole lot about either of the procedures, but it seems the surgical route worked out well for my grandmother, it was a pain and and she felt as though she would lose her life a few times, but the ordeal came to an end pretty quickly (as compared to how long I could imagine going for chemo therapy treatment would take).