xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Microsoft To Extend X360 Warranty By 3 Years

Great news, heard a handful of stories from lads with the infamous Ring of Death, yet refused repairs from Microsoft. Some even wouldn't get a refund because they claimed the problem was overheating rather than Ring of Death. Oh we do hear a lot of bad stories, and it seems the failure rate is insanely high (estimate of 30%). If you haven't had repairs yet, cherish those boxes.Grats to those that got their deserved repairs this way.

Console RepairsMicrosoft To Extend X360 Warranty By 3 Years

Does anyone know where do I have to take my X360 if I live outside the USA? Is there any currier where I Can take it and send it to a Microsoft Customer service in order to get my consoleĀ  repair?

Regards

-reply by giovanni

I did think that microsoft made XBOX360's to have the "ring of death" in action at a random point, so customers would have to buy new consoled which microsoft would make more money. But microsoft figured out that they will lose a lot of customers. <--- that is what i did think at the start.My friend said the the "ring of death" was an error programmed to happen at random, but he also said you had to be on xbox live for it to happen.But my other friend said it was a virus, because you only get the "ring of death" if you go online (xbox live), so logically a virus would be very possible. But I didn't believe because microsoft would fix a virus like that happening lol.Anyway, I never had to "ring of death" and I have had my xbox for years.microsoft had to put a warranty up because they know that their consoles will get an error (ring of death), if they didn't put a warranty then they will lose customers, and not just lose them but lose them to Sony's PS3.If microsoft did program their consoles to get an error then they failed a bit too much on that, which I hope doesn't happen with their next new console.