xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

New Sign-up Page

In the past few months I haven’t had the need to create a new Yahoo! account (with several thousand I have been making by with what I have). Today was different and I decided to do it the dirty way and make the ID directly from the Yahoo! sign-up page. To my surprise the sign-up process has been redesigned and looks good. All of the same information is needed but the page will dynamically let you know that everything is filled in correctly. This is a great feature for us who use this feature regularly as nothing makes me more mad then filling out the entire form just to see that I misspelled the password verification. In addition to the dynamic alerts, new, better looking graphics have been added and a password strength indicator.I haven’t been through the process to see if YCC Bot Maker still works. I am assuming it still does as I haven’t had any complaints. Additionally it looks like functionality is still the same. If not Yahoo! usually leaves the legacy application running for several months before they completely change over. The next task is to see if all of the POST details are the same and see if this is a new version of the software. If it is new then there is always a possibility of new bugs.