xisto Community
geektech

Nero Cd-rw Access Problem

Hi

I have some problem with CD-RW accessing. A couple of years back I stored a few files in CD-RW. Now when I am trying to access it is giving the following message

Dear Customer,

You are currently trying to read a disc in the Mt. Rainier format (CD-MRW).

You are seeing this message, instead of the contents of the disc, because

your system currently does not support the CD-MRW format.

To enable you to add CD-MRW support to your system we have developed a

complimentary software tool, the InCD EasyWrite Reader.

To download the latest InCD EasyWrite Reader just visit our website at

http://www.nero.com/eng/?vlang=gb

You can also install the InCD EasyWrite Reader provided on this disc by

clicking here.

Your Ahead Software Team

I am not able to find "InCD EasyWrite Reader" in Nero website, nor is it available anywhere for download. I have presently installed Nero 7 in my laptop. But this is not helping.

My present Laptop is running on WindowXP professional. If I try to install INCD EasyWrite Reader from link given in the message from the CD itself, It is giving error and refusing to install.

Can anybody please tell me what is the way to read this CD-RW? Your response would be of immense help to me.

Thanks

Welcome to Xisto.Please use quotes when quoting words from another source. Also make sure you post in the correct section of the forums. You posted in the How-To and Tutorials for the hardware section....topic moved here <_<Are you using a CD-RW drive right now? Have you tried to read that CD from another computer and see if it works?

It's technically not from another source (it's generated by a program......, an error message if you will), though it is easier to read that way.The Nero website should have InCD EasyWrite Reader, or if you have any old PC magazine discs lying around (or discs that game with CD/DVD-ROM's) you should be able to find an older version of Nero that has this.I'm pretty sure version 5 had it?