xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonelym

Entertainment

Why do we need entertainment in life? What is it for?I think that we need entertainment in life for releasing stress, and letting our minds feel relaxed, knowing that there are more things than just work and studies. Entertainment, or relaxing, is crucial in our daily lives. If we humans don't relax from time to time, we usually get sick and we wouldn't have any energy to do our required activities such as working and studying.Some games allow you to start as a new person, living a new life with new possibilities that rely on your new choices. These games are very popular, because deep down inside, we either want to escape the hard problems in life, or we want to see what it is like 'On the other side'. These games are very interesting since you have lots of choices to make, and that means a lot of possibilities. Of course, our curiousity then kicks in and we start getting addicted to these games.Yes, these games are great, but we should never forget that these games are not real life. If we keep playing these virtual games we would soon get addicted and we might not have control of ourselves. We must always think why we are playing. If we say, 'I play this game because I will turn to level 50 by tomorrow,' then that means that the game manipulates your activities. The purpose of games are to allow us to have a rest from the real world, not to escape it.Having no games in the other hand is wrong as well. We would either be unhappy with the our lives that have no rest which means that we have nothing else to do but to work, or we keep playing in a game that doesn't bring food to the table. I think that entertainment is a balance that needs to be regularly maintained to stay near the middle. I'm not saying that it should stay in the exact middle, but to keep dipping on the left and sometimes on the right.o_o

Games are something I use to fill my free time <_<. But seriously, you can use games to get away from all the trouble in your life, but you should not forgot that they are not real. If you feel you are getting too much attracted, go out , face your problems and try to solve them.

I think that not only games belong to entertainment though. It could be anything, from sports to movies. It's whatever you enjoy doing, no matter how good you are at it, if you enjoy, it entertains you. And that makes a person keep going on and trying to get better. However, most sports are not 'addictive' , yet the only games that can't be addictive.. are boring.

It doesn't really have to be games. Entertainment could be in any form. As long as it is entertaining to an individual then it should be considered as entertainment. Who wouldn't want to be entertained? I love gaming as well for its value of entertainment but i feel more entertained when i lay down on a cozy couch, listen to sentimental songs and read a non fictional book would still be full of dust if i have not bought it from d book store. Sounds boring right? But it entertains me, and thats all that matters in entertainment.

As said by other already, entertainment isn't only games. In fact, entertainment is pretty much anything that you enjoy. So for each person, the definition of entertainment is different, because they like different things. For some, entertainment may come in the form of reading. Others, it could be listening to music, watching TV, scuba diving, or participating in forums.On the topic of games... Okay, I agree that it can be quite addicting and that's just bad, when all you think about is advancing to the next level (I've done that...several times). But for most people, I'm pretty sure the addiction is a one-time thing and is safe. Every time I start a new game, I can be addicted to it for three months and still be able to maintain my marks, homework, and extra-curriculars. Having no games wouldn't be horrible either, as long as you enjoy what you're doing. For example, some people with a job that they love might be happy not to have to rely on virtual simulation games to relax, because what they're doing is fun for them. Their job is entertaining.And my rant here is done. XDSerena

I think entertainment is really important for a person because it allows a chance to go do something, and get away from your every day life. This helps to reduce stress and possibly make you a better person when your not stressed out and your clear of thought.Ive heard many arguments about video games, especially on TV how a lot of parents claim that they are bad for their kids. Well what would a lot of people do if they didn't have video games to pass the time, or probably reduce heavy loads of stress? I have a friend that often gets very angry at people, well rather than taking it out on a real person, they could take it out on a game. Sure some video games can get really addicting, and sometimes its just better to stop when its getting in the way of your day to day activities, or possibly your friends and family. If it gets to that case, which it has for me several times, you really have to learn to just stop. But hey, id rather be addicted to a video game than a drug. :P Without some form of entertainment, people would be very hyped up and stressed out. More people would be a lot more aggressive, and not a lot of people would be very happy. :P So in conclusion, we need entertainment in our life, but when it gets in the way of our day to day life, family, and even friends, you need to cool down a bit and stop. :P

It doesn't really have to be games. Entertainment could be in any form. As long as it is entertaining to an individual then it should be considered as entertainment. Who wouldn't want to be entertained? I love gaming as well for its value of entertainment but i feel more entertained when i lay down on a cozy couch, listen to sentimental songs and read a non fictional book would still be full of dust if i have not bought it from d book store. Sounds boring right? But it entertains me, and thats all that matters in entertainment.

Yes, the entertainment that you have serves it purpose properly, and it seems that you have control over yourself and you have discipline. Too bad for me though, I don't have both of them.

I think entertainment is really important for a person because it allows a chance to go do something, and get away from your every day life. This helps to reduce stress and possibly make you a better person when your not stressed out and your clear of thought.
Ive heard many arguments about video games, especially on TV how a lot of parents claim that they are bad for their kids. Well what would a lot of people do if they didn't have video games to pass the time, or probably reduce heavy loads of stress? I have a friend that often gets very angry at people, well rather than taking it out on a real person, they could take it out on a game. Sure some video games can get really addicting, and sometimes its just better to stop when its getting in the way of your day to day activities, or possibly your friends and family. If it gets to that case, which it has for me several times, you really have to learn to just stop. But hey, id rather be addicted to a video game than a drug. :P

Without some form of entertainment, people would be very hyped up and stressed out. More people would be a lot more aggressive, and not a lot of people would be very happy. :P So in conclusion, we need entertainment in our life, but when it gets in the way of our day to day life, family, and even friends, you need to cool down a bit and stop. :P

Well said.

entertaiment ....i thing you do this to feel happy....to do something...to relax...to read a book to watch a good movie ...play a game...and much more...