xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Waleed Dar

Top Two Photo Editing Software something that i saw on tv

these are the top two softwares in the photo editing world.....1 - Adobe Photoshop2 - CorelDrawi saw it on tv...and according to a survey, more than 60% of the image designers in the world use Adobe Photoshop!!i've downloaded the softwares...both are very cool...but Adobe Photoshop is a lot2 more easier....if u want to be a graphic designer for your school, department, or office, then these top2 softwares are the best......

that is too cool manbut didnt u put the download link to make it easier for the members her
thanks again nfor your efforts
mshmsh2010

I have tried both of these softwares and found they are created for slightly diffirent purpose, photoshop is mainly ofr editing images, optimisizing photographs while corldraw is more used for page desining such as boshures. You can make pdf files with photoshop too.

Originally both of them are commercial products so you have to pay for using it but there are many sources on the internet where you can download it free, obviously it is illegal.

I assume there are demo versions of each to try before you buy since these types of image editor software packages are often quite pricey. That said of the two I am not surprised about photoshop but corel draw being claimed the second most popular is a big shock to me. While what I've seen of it implies it is indeed a solid product it doesn't hold a candle to photoshop in capabilities or effectiveness.Does anyone here use corel draw? I've only used it briefly as a test once, but I'd be interested to see if anyone uses it a lot and loves it or prefers it over PS.

i have photoshop
dont use it though

the best program in my opinion is paint.NET
besides firefox, its the only program i really use.

i only mainly use it for pixel art though as im trying to get good at being a pixel artist.

Does anyone here use corel draw? I've only used it briefly as a test once, but I'd be interested to see if anyone uses it a lot and loves it or prefers it over PS.

I have both, and I never use Corel. I don't think it can compare in any way to photoshop. Fundamentally though, IMO photoshop is the best raster image editing software you can buy, but Corel's strengths are in the vector field. Photoshop has made some progress in that, and with the new Illustrator we're getting there, but for vector image manipulation, I still think Corel is at the top. Since I work in raster most of the time, I never use Corel. People who compare those products side by side for photo editing don't know the power of photoshop, and would probably be just as well off using MS Paint. ;) Really I don't think you can compare them in any way, they're both different products with different targets. Edited by Grafitti (see edit history)

I use Photoshop religiously. I have used Corel, also, but I did a lot more Corel when I worked with vinyl. I don't really do too much vector nowadays, so I usually stick to Photoshop. I used Pagemaker, Quark, Freehand... but I prefer Adobe Illustrator.I used to play with Paint, but I only do that for quick prints... I played with Paint WAY before Photoshop. I was able to get different versions from different places.I worked at many prints shops as a Graphic Designer/ PrePress Technician... and I did some work for them at my house, so I had newer versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, Quark... and then I went back to college for Comp Program/Network and I got the upgraded CS2.So I was lucky to have my software when I needed it, and this day and age with costs rising, it was nice to have connections.

I use Photoshop for most of my photo work. The other day I was playing with Aperture on my friends mac, and it's a really simple and easy program to enhance your photos. I personally like photoshop or even lightroom better than Aperture though because I find more control with editing my photos. I haven't used CorelDraw for editing my photos, but it works great when I'm drawing with my mouse because it automatically fixes the lines if it's too jagged or crooked, but I could just use a tablet to fix that problem on photoshop.