xisto Community

Hahahah, remember the good old days when you were young a curious kid? Living on the edge of life daring and not thinking of what you were going to do before you really did it. Making stupid mistakes and just not caring about it anymore. Hehe yep I was just like that too.Diet Coke and Mentos have a good relationship. If others don't know try this OUTSIDE unless you want to get covered and Diet Coke and drink yourself. What you do is get a big container of Diet Coke ( the ones they sell at the market like a 2 liter bottle ) then buy a pack of Mentos which is a type of chewing gum.Put the bottle on the ground, open the bottle, then put a piece of the Mentos gum inside the bottle and drop it down as quickly as possible. Then after that I suggest you RUN AWAY from the bottle unless you want to get splashed with falling Coke on you.*For those who are lazy and haven't done this experiment yet*Coke just explodes out of the Coke bottle into the air about like 20 feet high and its just amazing. The more the Mentos the more height you get. Imagine putting like 50 mentos in the bottle hahaha. Good times. Anyone have any cool experiment they've tried in the past?

I tried this before but me and my mates only were brave enough to do 39 in the bottle (we run out) and that went really far in fact i might try and get us all back together and put more than 60 in there if we can all afford it sure we can and let it off facing a building another good idea for doing stuff like this is get a bottle of toilet cleaner some tinfoil and put bits of tinfoil in a 2 litre bottle and then put toilet cleaner in there stand back do this in a really secuded area or you will get people come out side and be really nosey as it makes the biggest sound that you will ever hear so be carefull stand back from the bottle and watch it explode.

lol that must have been even more fun to watch than it exploding in the air lol. So the WHOLE bottle exploded? NICE. Hehe oh and nicholas good idea I never tried that. You tried that before? That must have been sick, wonder if you can get arrested for that lol. Disturbance of the neighborhood and community lol. I bet that idea with the toilet cleaner and tin foil would kill someone. Put it in front of a guy's house ring the door bell run away and once he comes out BOOM RIGHT IN HIS FACE hahaha I would laugh like crazzy.

yes that would be funny but where i come from they dont care if you actually do stuff like that if someone phones the police there quick service means someone will be there 5 or 6 hours later so i can get away with it B) and i might try the idea that you said about putting it by the mans door knocking then running but i have a more dangerous idea put it underneath a car :S that would be frightening.

I am ready to bet that his math teacher actually, screwed the lid on the bottle. The liquid had no room to escape, thus causing the bottle to explode.That happens when you do that foil thing experiment. The gas builds up inside the bottle, causing it to inflate, and eventually explode. So, I am sure, the sound of an empty 2 litre bottle exploding would and will be pretty big.As for the mentos thing, i've tried it, and was pretty amused <_<

If you want to see a 2L bottle explode violently, put some dry ice and some water in one (use a big open field and a car or something for cover), screw the cap on and hide. This can send bits of plastic flying at you, so be careful. It is fun to watch though <_<

I didn't believe it would do anything when I first found out about it, so my friends and I did it in a parking lot, and the coke went so high up in air. We managed to get some mentos in side the bottle, and with the cap closed really tight, and we gave it to another friend who didn't know it was inside, and he twisted the cap just a little bit, and the whole thing exploded in his face, and the cap almost hit his eye.. lol dangerous.

If you want to see a 2L bottle explode violently, put some dry ice and some water in one (use a big open field and a car or something for cover), screw the cap on and hide. This can send bits of plastic flying at you, so be careful. It is fun to watch though <_<

You can also blow out your eardrum, set car alarms off and be charged with disturbance at the same time! ... lol

xboxrulz

LOL. I never tried this, but I certainly watched a video on it. I think it can be found at YouTube or something. I have tried, however, Alka-Seltzer and water though. It was an experiment for science class. We put a whole tablet in a film canister filled with water halfway, put the lid on, and literally run away before it exploded three seconds later. While film canisters are not particularly dangerous, even when combined with this little explosion, it's still not fun being hit in the face by the film canister lid, which happened to one of my friends in that class.Serena

I remember when I was little, I liked to put as many mentos into a bottle of coke, and quickly screw on the cap. We would find bits and pieces of that bottle all over our yard! I remember, one time we set off a mentos geyser in our town park :P It went higher than we (me and my friends) expected. This poor woman was on a bench reading the newspaper... lets just say she wasn't happy :P We had fun with these kind of experiments. We also got into trouble...LOL!