xisto Community
Free Website Designing

Firefox 2.0.0 Vs. Internet Explorer 7 Which one is best?

Firefox 2.0.0 or Internet Explorer 7?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

* = The Last Digit Changes When Updated!I Like FireFox 2.0.0.* Because If Your Computer Suddenly Froze, You Can Resume The Session When You Restore Your CPU. I Also Chose FireFox Because It Has Good Protection For Viruses, Other Than Internet Explore. You See There is some JavaScripts That Extract Viruses In The Internet Explore Temp Folder, And Execute Randomly! I Remember The Time I Got Malware. Didn't Like It One Bit! Thanks For Posting This Poll, It Probably Might Make Users That Use Internet Explore 7 To Start On Using FireFox 2.0.0.*.

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

Firefox is vastly superior to Internet Explorer in many ways, mainly because of it's customizability and huge archive of add-ons. The web makes an entire difference without those ads that you won't click anyway - they don't provide any incentive for me to do so. Sponsered links in Google may pique my interests, considering I'm looking for that thing at that time. Not interested in clicking some random bunny. This add-on alone warrants enough reason to consider this alternative. Many lay-outs don't become broken too because of oversized ads (or bad positioning).

If you have memory problems, you'll have to cut down on the amount of add-ons. Several add-ons are specialized in running at lowest resources, there are lists of those that are bad (like fasterfox). Only need to be concerned with this if you have troubles with memory.

Considering IE was left in such a bad state for so long, Mozilla is still faster with updates and providing support. News of the third version is rolling in while IE is still slacking behind, threatening to fall in another slumber. Posted Image The v7 update was a good one though, designed to keep their casual users from switching for tabs.

If you have something against Firefox, may it be thanks to its 'popularity' try out Opera, try out a TC for IE ... Any web designer will tell you what a pain it is to get advanced layout sites working in IE, before resorting to 'lesser methods'.

HOWEVER.

Giving it to your aunt or uncle, a casual computer user not as knowledgeable in our favorite hobby - will probably not yield desired results. It's the same to them, and they'd rather click a blue E they're familiar with. Posted Image

If you want to convince them, do it for the ads/popup crap. These people are VERY susceptible to clicking all that "YOU ARE THE 100000TH VISITOR, ZOMG" crap and get 'scammed'.

Anyways, Firefox is far better! Also, when designing my Web sites, I always have trouble getting things to work in IE7, let ALONE IE6/5, where as in Firefox it just...WORKS!

For this, its because of W3C standards that FireFox follows. And for IE, when creating CSS, I will always need another set of css for IE7 and IE6. That's pretty tiring.

So of course my votes will go the FireFox. One thing I really love about it is the fact that they allow addons which is way more powerful than IE7. eg. FireBug addon. If someday while surfing the net, you've found this particular site that you love. And wondering how to do such a design, FIREBUG is for you. See though all the source code in systematic order.

Anyway if IE is not gonna to come out with something similar to FireFox addon, think will still stick to FireFox for awhile. Just a thought. Cheers

Firefox is much better then IE in terms of strength and the security. Like Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2 includes built-in antiphishing, but overall, Firefox 2 is much better than Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. Firefox 2 offers forward-looking features, such as Live Titles, as well as practical here-and-now tools, such as search engine suggestions, session restore, and inline spell-checking. Despite its many improvements, Firefox 2, like Internet Explorer 7, still does not pass the Acid2 Web Standards test, although, unlike Microsoft, Mozilla says it is working toward full compliance.We can dowload Firefox 2 for free, and unlike Internet Explorer 7, Firefox is available on a variety of operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux. There are also a wide variety of localized language versions of Firefox in comparison to IE 7. Again unlike IE 7, Firefox 2 does not require that we should shut down antivirus protection nor does it perform a system reboot. Unlike IE 7, which has reorganized its toolbar, Firefox 2 changes only the look and feel of its buttons. The new shiny-glass look is much more sophisticated, as are the rounded tabs and the hairline borders around the address bar and the search engine box. Tabs have long been a part of Firefox. Now, with Firefox 2, we can open any number of tabs, rearrange them, and reopen a previously closed tab using the hot keys Ctrl-Shift-T. We can also save active tabs as a bookmark so that you can open the entire set of tabs at a later time. Firefox 2 provides several built-in search engines, such as Amazon and eBay--far more than provided by IE 7--with the option to add even more search engines. One of the greatest features in new Firefox 2 is session restore; if Windows crashes and we have several tabs open in Firefox at the time, we can now relaunch Firefox with all the tabs intact. I found this feature to be very useful because if the browser window crashes due to any reason in that case all the tabs can be restored to the original state . Firefox 2 also provides us the ability to correct your spelling mistakes online, just like using a word processor. This is great for typing blogs or posting to a newsgroup. Common dictionary words are checked, with misspellings identified with a squiggly red line. We can add more words and even include dictionaries available in various languages. Once we have access to inline spell-checking, you won't want to surf the Web without it. Possibly the coolest new feature is Live Titles, formerly Microsummaries, which allows Web sites to stream updated data to your bookmarks. You can add the Live Titles functionality to the Merriam-Webster dictionary site, for example, and once we have done so, when we bookmark a page, for news sites such as the BBC's, we'll see the latest headline. Think of Live Titles as RSS-like feeds for your otherwise static bookmarks. Mozilla remains very responsive to fixing its vulnerabilities, pushing out updates within a few days of public notice. Microsoft, on the other hand, parses out its vulnerability fixes a little at a time. In the five years since its release, IE 6 has accrued a large deficit, and we see no sign that Microsoft is addressing new vulnerabilities found in IE 7 any faster. The underlying Web rendering engine within Firefox 2 is Gecko 1.8, and it is largely unchanged from the previous release, Firefox 1.5. Firefox is truly innovative, yet it's also very practical for everyday use.

Really Firefox is much better, but as a previous poster mentioned the memory footprint is huge. However the level of innovation is far superior to IE (search bars, linking address bar with google, tabbed browsing and until recently security), the user base is invited to contribute and addons are easier to implement. What more could you want?

In my mind, the only thing IE has over Firefox is the time it takes to open up the browser window. Sure, Firefox hogs a little more memory, but if I've got a web browser open I'm probably not doing anything too strenuous (such as gaming, for example). I love tabbed browsing, and IE only added it in IE 7, as well as the addons (not all of them, just a few). Combine all of that with the fact that it's a community thing, and it's by far the better of the two. :blink:

hummm... i prefer and use FireFox, i think that microsoft is too "relaxed" with ther customers.. well they did an update with 5 years =/ (yes, they update for securitys and etc.. but not the entire browser) they only do the internet explorer 7 cause the firefox is growing up too fast.. and are affecting the microsoft's browser...firefox renewed the browser's concept, with navigation by "borders" and more... i think that they are too creative.. and about microsoft, i think that they just copied the "idea" of mozilla's browser...well.. i prefer the Mozilla FireFox hehehe :blink:

Edited by Impious (see edit history)

There is no way for compare Firefox to IE!!, what are thinking on???IE is the hell, simple terrible, looks awful, and follows the Micro$oft way: higher version... more bugs ;)My question is why Bill Gates pay for programmers??? Please Bill, just do the same as SUN: open your code, lest minded people work in the hard things and donate the profits to as many sourceforge projects there are!!!TRYING TO COMPARE:1) Firefox is download... click... click... click... and fun. IE is just a pre-installed app or an update, but then you have to update your antivirus, and after one week you will have to choice: IE 6 or buy a new monster machine with Norton Internet Security(once installed your monster is a mouse).2) Firefox have pretty designs/addons/themes: browse, click... restart. and fun. IE is an open door to holes... what??? yes!!! any action to secure is an way to host more bugs.3) Firefox rulez and IE sucks, if you follow reading then please install FF 2 and look for Linux, Ubuntu is a good start point.The guinean pig(cuy) said....Blessings!

Edited by develCuy (see edit history)

If you get a chance, go ahead and install SwiftFox, it's a flavor of FireFox which is optimized for your CPU architecture.I installed it yesterday and it's the only way to fly.*ponders* Come to think of it, this here might not be the best topic to post this information ...

There is no doubt Firefox is the best! I am using Mozilla Firefox for 2 years already and all I can say is that Firefox is fast, reliable, and safe. That's most people say on the Internet! You've got lots of Add-ons for Firefox -especially security Add-ons. Mozilla has just updated it's Firefox version to 2.0.0.7, update now!

I have been using Firefox as my default for a few years now. I STILL use IE7 here and there... I let it default everything because my wife doesn't use Firefox... She isn't as into the PC as I am... and she is just used to using IE. So I just do what I need to do and she does, also.I also like that if anything should happen while using Firefox, you can restore your window. VERY SMART THINKING!! I used to be on IE and I would install and do something else multitasking all of the time and then the Blue Screen of Death appeared, and there went my patience. With the sessions restored (And of course the elimination of the BSD) it has made my life much easier!So I will continue to use both, but I still enjoy Firefox better... at first, I wasn't that excited about the folder addition to the address bars, but now that I put my favorites on it, I can't see not having it. I like that IE does however try to limit space... it just needs to go back to being user friendly again.IE goes through too many service packs, and security issues, and Firefox will always try to keep things updated and brings up options before launching the site... if you do not want to update right now... skip it. I like the skip not cancel out approach!If there would be another browser to try, I will, and I will continue to shop around, also. Until then, Mozilla keep up the good work making Microsoft sweat it out... - skedad -

For years, Microsoft Internet Explorer has enjoyed near dominance of the Web browser space--but not any more. Since the release last year of Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Firefox has been steadily eroding Internet Explorer's claim of superiority. According to information from NetApplications.com, in October 2004 Internet Explorer had 92 percent of the market; in September 2005 that dropped to 86 percent; and as of September 2006 Internet Explorer's market share dropped to 82 percent, with Firefox's rising to 12.5 percent. In two years Microsoft ceded 10 percent of its audience to its competFirefox is the best ;)

I have already made my focal reply on here... now I want to mess things up...I have already been a faithful Firefox follower, and I still do use IE... but I have heard other browsers in use...I am planning on playing around with Opera maybe, and I have heard of yet another... Maxthon. Does anyone out there play with that one any!!??Anyways, Firefox is a great competitor to IE and usually you can get a lot of good services from each when they try and out do each other. I just wonder what each one will come up with next...Until then...

Go Firefox! Here are my 3 reasons.1. Lots of add ons like download vids. off youtube.2. The interface is customizable.3. It has a spell check!The best version is Firefox 3 v3a9prexxxx-jozh-xxxx