xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Boot Problem

now when i finaly don't have problems with stability ...i have another problem with my PC......when i turn it ON...(before WinXP loading screen)....it shows me a "loading bar"....(like the one when you enter a safe mode)....and i have to wait 5 minutes to load.......how can i turn this off...because i don't want to wait so long for my PC to boot...thnx..in advance.. :)

You can try to update all of your device drivers, maybe one of them is causing the problem.

But, first... Try Microsoft's tool "BootVis". You can download it from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/BootVis.shtml

It worked for me, hope it works for you too!

I know it sounds stupid, but... You can also try reinstalling Service Pack 2. Yep... You heard me right - SP2. I reinstalled the newest version of Service Pack 2, and now my PC boots up faster than ever!

Before asking for help on topics like these you must give some backgound info. Atleast tell what you did last and what happened the first time it started acting like that. Otherwise you will only end up with general solutions like the ones you already got.

Hi Corey,Could you just give LOTS OF details like canute24 requested. The problem you are experiencing can occur due to a malfunction of any of the Win OS files (dlls, exe's etc. loading) or device drivers loading or other installed programs loading etc. - basically Windows is "searching" for something (eg. a file) it should be able to find fast but can't. Then it's looking for subsitiute "backup"/copy files previously dated that will do the same process & allow windows to load successfully. And the list just goes on... etc.If you would give a chronology of when the problem started, what was the OS status before the problem started, what you did before the problem started (if anything), what you did after the problem started to fix it, ... etc.- we could all help get you fixed faster by giving you better(more specific) suggestions. Hope this helps,RGPHNX

Give us some details on your problem, from my point of view it's best to reinstall windows... :)

Hi Corey,CHANGED FROM WHAT TO WHAT ???? More info please.Was Win XP stable before???What are your system hardware specs???Any other changes (Hardware or software)???Is the problem still active now OR have you solved it??Here to helpRGPHNX

ok...here's the thing...i had stability problems...then i changed my PSU and formated C...and reinstalled WinXP (MC2k5)now i don't have problems with stability but i have this one...every time i boot my PC the loading line shows and i have to wait a couple of minutes to load...

Well, that's what you get for running FDISK, DOS.It seems that your bootloader has the wrong hard drive geometry recorded.... if all else fails, you could install a new bootloader like GRUB or LILO :)Hmm, what's your processor speed? When was the last time you defragmented?