xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bureX

Working With Fire In 3ds Max

Nice tutorial,I dont know the program, so my suggestion could be complete nonsense, if the program also has a light effect function, why not render the light from just under the fire, so the density of the fire is higher at the "core" of the fire, would make it more realistic.Or you could try with a second layer (if the program can use some kind of multiple layers) where the layer above that fire layer, would be smaller and based at the bottom of the first fire (probably very confusing how Im explaining it now).

make wood betterWorking With Fire In 3ds Max

hey, cool tutorial the wood is okay I suggest on your material map of the wood go to >maps drag your map of the wood to BUMP and make it an instant as the option will appear then push the bump up to 40 or 90 depending on how much detail you will have... The fire looks cool but I wanna make real fire that interacts with other objects...Oh well we all learning here... DAZZA

-reply by DAZZA