xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Dynadot.com ... A Superb Domain Name Registrar ... its simple, safe, versatile, and really efficient.

BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER:

The market of "Domain Name Registration" is swarming with many great registrars. If you're already dealing with one and satisfied with it, there's probably no need for you to read this. Although Dynadot offers a very good service, there's nothing extraordinary enough about it to make you change your current registrar. But if you're not satisfied with your current registrar or you don't have one yet, then this review might prove useful.

----------

Two months ago - on the 20th of May to be exact - I stumbled upon a Domain Name Registrar called Dynadot. I was searching for a registrar which accepts "less-common" methods of payment, e.g. PayPal, MoneyBookers, etc. I couldn't find many, but Dynadot certainly looked like an interesting option, so I clicked on its link thinking that I'd probably just take a quick look, get disappointed, then click the BACK button in search for another option. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised B)

Although Dynadot offers a few supplementary services alongside its domain name related services, I'm not going to discuss them here since I haven't tried them myself. I'll just focus on what I have tried, which is domain name registration and administration services.

First of all, here's a list of their prices for all new domain name registrations:

com: $7.99

net: $7.99

org: $7.99

info: $2.99

biz: $7.99

mobi: $14.99

name: $7.99

ws: $7.99

us: $7.99

cn: $2.99

cc: $29.99

tv: $34.99

co.uk: $17.98 -- For two years

eu: $9.99

Source: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/search.html

They also offer a domain privacy feature, through which you can hide your contact information from spammers, for a yearly sum $2.00 per domain.

Now, here's a list of their FREE features which are included with every domain registration:

# Free domain parking which includes:

* optional ad revenue parking

* email forwarding (catch-all)

* 3 MX records

# Free domain forwarding which includes:

* 3 MX records

# Free stealth forwarding which includes:

* 3 MX records

# Free DNS which includes:

* 10 subhosts (also known as subdomains)

* 3 MX records

* 10 CNAME records

# Ability to set name servers

# Ability to register your domain's name servers (example: ns1.mydomain.com)

# Free ownership changes

----------

A couple of paragraphs back, I mentioned that I found Dynadot while searching for a domain name registrar which accepted less-common methods of payment. I personally used my MoneyBookers* account to register 7 domain names since then. On average, a domain name registration with Dynadot took less than 1 minute -- sometimes 2 minutes! I have to admit, it might be silly, but seeing the ENTIRE of process of registering a domain name done in less than a minute was pretty impressive to me :)

Here's a list of all payment methods supported by Dynadot:

Credit Card -- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB

Paypal

Moneybookers

Money Order/Cashiers Check

Personal Check

----------

Personally, I've had a great customer experience with Dynadot for the past 2 months. Their service is impressively prompt, easy, configurable, and it doesn't need a genius to figure out how to use all the features. If I were to rate it, I'd certainly give it a 10/10, because I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. I even discovered that NamePros.com, THE Web site for anything related to domain names, has rates it 4 out of 4 in features, value, usability, and customer service. You can find the full review thread here.

Finally, I'd just like to clarify that I'm in no way affiliated with Dynadot! I neither work for them nor get compensated for referring new customers to them. I'm simply one of their appreciative customers who are trying to share a good thing.

Have a great domain name registration experience :)

Notice from WeaponX:
I don't think referral links are allowed here. Referral ID and footnote removed. If you intend to copy stuff from other sites, you should learn how to use the QUOTE tags...