xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

[help] Navigation Button Problem

This is a html+css template i took off the net for my college end sem project. I wanted to use this template for my ASP .NET application. There is a slight problem with the navigation button when clicked, please download the attached file and guide me to a solution if you can. Open succlogin.html and then navigate through the buttons. The following htmls are linked together:succlogin.htmlsuccunibase.htmlsuccstudbase.htmlsuccprof.htmlaccabt.htmlAlso please tell me if this template can be used with ASP .NET 2005.Awaiting your repliesThanks in AdvanceRegardsDhanesh

That is weird , it is obviously a alignment error with the second tab, but when checking the other tabs out it is fine, what I suggest is that you tweak with this part of the coding:

/*Inner Stuff*/#inner{	margin-top: 10px;	margin-left: 1px;	width: 705px;	height: auto;	padding-bottom: 1px;	background-color: #f7f7f7;}/*Navigation Stuff*/#navigation{	width: auto;	height: 23px;	background-color: transparent;	margin: 0px;	padding: 0px;}#navigation ul{	margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px;	padding: 0px;	position: relative;	top: 5px;}#navigation li{	margin-left: 10px;	background-color: #f7f7f7;	list-style: none;	font-size: 15px;	font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;	line-height: 20px;	color: #9c0000;	letter-spacing: -1px;	text-align: center;	float: left;}#current_tab{	width: 95px;	height: 23px;	display: block;	background: url("./current_tab.gif") transparent no-repeat;	border: 0px;	border-bottom: 5px solid #ffffff;	font-weight: bold;}

At first I thought removing one of the tabs would work, but thats not the case since it did the same thing to the second lin. So thats hwy I would suggest tweaking the CSS and if nothing works and no one has a solution here I would suggest getting in contact with the person who originally coded this because they didn't pay attention to aligning these images properly.

Thanks for the quick reply michael, i compared the code you've provided. Nothing seems to be different. Could you please tell me whats to be changed exactly. Its odd that i found no mistakes with the code but still the navigation buttons are miss placed. Please guide me to the exact point of change in the code.Thanks and regardsDhanesh.

This is a html+css template i took off the net for my college end sem project. I wanted to use this template for my ASP .NET application. There is a slight problem with the navigation button when clicked, please download the attached file and guide me to a solution if you can. Open succlogin.html and then navigate through the buttons. The following htmls are linked together:

succlogin.html
succunibase.html
succstudbase.html
succprof.html
accabt.html

Also please tell me if this template can be used with ASP .NET 2005.

Awaiting your replies
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Dhanesh

It is very strange your situation, i just download your code to test it and i see what you say, then i view the index.html and indexabt.html files to see what happens and it displays correctly, so, i copy/paste this last file 3 times and edit the contents according to your files and i view that all of them displays correctly, i dont know why you got that weird situation, why you don't do this????

The only thing i notice with the ones i create is that the text of the links exceeds the width of the tab so i decide to modify the font-size -i set this property to 12px- and the text links, i use University and Student instead of UniBase and StudentBase.

I attach the new files i create if you want to download them.

I think that this template can be used without any problem with ASP, you only need to add all the server-side code to the pages and rename it accordingly.

Best regards,